Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At startup and idle my oil used to be at 40ish. Now its around 35. I used to run on 5 quarts, but when I got my oil changed less than 1k miles ago I told them 6 quarts. When driving its around 40. Should I be worried?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
ouch... i run a min of 6.5 quarts in my truck

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
808 Posts
Mine is often a little less than 40 at idle. And I've had it since new with no change. I wouldn't worry about it. And 6 quarts is what I think the manual calls for. That's what I have always done for 24K miles.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at least i think i was at 5 beforehand, im not entirely sure. i might pick up a quart and dump half in because of the oil pan (i think). i remember reading something about that on here. should i dump more oil in?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
you should be at or just above the highest hole / full mark...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
:iamwithstupid: the dash gauge is usually wrong as well. If you are concerned enough you can connect a scan tool or find someone with HPtuners/EFI Live and check your actual oil pressure.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
It was 103 out yesterday with Humidity at 90%. My oil pressure was at 35 idling, and 40 psi at cruising. This morning it was at 45 psi idling and a little above cruising. Always different.:D

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Mines at 30 at idle and almost 40 while cruising its almost 100 here today. Changed the oil the other day put 6 quarts in it then the next day when pressure was low I put another almost full quart in it. Weird

1 - 18 of 18 Posts