Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Oil pan

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Thekid415 
#1 ·
Have a 2006 TBSS finally about to do the oil pan swap so it can stop starving,
Any recommendations on what oil filter I should use ?

#6 ·
My motor guy recommended Wix filters and that’s all I’ve used since the motor. I am using Amsoil Signature Series for the oil and it seems to be working really well.
In the motorcycle world, K&N oil filters are strongly advised against as they seem to be too thin and result in lower oil pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I promise you not one person has listed the best filter on the market. I’ve done three year independent study at my biz. Purolator boss max 15000 mile synthetic filter is without a doubt the best filter on the market. Most durable back flow valve. Equal housing rigidity compared to mobile one EP 20k synthetic filter. Tear it open stretch out filter element and measure. Purolator has the best meshed micron filter paper and about theee more inches compared to anyone’s filter. Purolator used to suck but has Really got it right with this filter. I believe PBL12222 is the filter for tbss but better check that prior to purchase. I also use these filters on specifically 7.3 turbo diesels. Compared to any filter the oil is anywhere from 3-5x’s less soot based and containing also more lubrication properties after 10k miles. In closing, pennzoil platinum high mileage is thee best oil. Fluid analysis backs these claims. Pennzoil tested against delo and chevron products. 4200 miles or 35% oil is best time to change no matter what oil your using.. Rudzik fleet management solutions master tech- diesel certified- owner operator @HonestAaronsAuto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.