Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sreached endless Billyman posts for filter relocation kit. Still coming up empty. I am in the middle of a head swap and looking to add this mod, since a new pan is out of the question as well.

Can someone help me with a parts list and a how-to install. I looked through the how to section and did not see a write up.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good info if I ever need it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help.

Anyone know if you can still get the stock oil filter block off plate, or is there an alternative.

Anyone have the full instructions they want to post????

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
I got my reloaction kit from RPM... (not rpm tansmission).

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
99 Posts
Make it easy. Canton Racing. I use them on all of my LSX rides. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
That's an oil filter relocation kit... Our truck calls for a side oiler (relocation kit) to relieve the restriction of the stock tubing in our 'AWD' oilpan to and from the oil filter... (both RWD & AWD) have this pan...

The block off plate is also needed...

AND the Canton Racing Remote Canister Oil Filter Kits, while very nice don't address the above issue, and are quite pricey at $330...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-22-924/

Make it easy. Canton Racing. I use them on all of my LSX rides. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Difference between relocation kit and side mounted kit?

So it looks like the only way to get one of these to piece one together, and a Dirty ss block off plate.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Relocation kit (not side oiler kit) will run a plate from the stock oil filter location...

If you get a reworked AWD oil pan (HOB or Fran96SS/RPM are still making them) , or a MOROSO oilpan (if RWD) you may not need the block-off plate, but you will need the side-oiler kit...

If you use the stock oilpan, then yes side oiler kit + blockoff plate + 1 extra quart of oil... (will not hurt, but will help) with the pump possibly sucking air instead of oil...

Only a fully modded oil pan, can help with the sloshing of oil back and forth...

So it looks like the only way to get one of these to piece one together, and a Dirty ss block off plate I will be good to go?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I don't have directions can someone tell me what hose goes where in regards to inlet/outlet?

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
You get my text?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, no pics

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,066 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.