Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What oil besides Mobile 1 are you guys runnin? Also is it a good idea to use lucas oil additive with oil changes. I've been told since it is very thick it may not allow for proper oiling. Please Help!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Valvoline VR-1 non-synthetic SAE40 oil and an AC Delco Ultraguard Gold filter made by Champion Laboratories...

If I was running synthetic still, I'd be running Redline 10w30 Oil and a Napa Gold(Wix) filter...

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks GUYS!! Love the Forum!!!! :coolthumb:

·
Registered
07' TrailblazerSS
210 Posts
Stock motor, 6-1/2 quarts 10w-30 Brad Penn semi-synthetic with half bottle lucas break-in zinc and WIX filter.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Mobil 1..........No problems!! As far as additives............I think they are just revenue machines..........:dunno:

·
Registered
n/a
887 Posts
I never use additives in oil. I have seen instances where oil additives help against excessive use in heavy load situations (My pop used stp oil treatment on a haul from NY to fla with a trailer of engine parts and a fully loaded car. The car did not use oil during the entire trip).

The additives in general seem to be thick and gummy after extended use. A well running and efficient engine IMO should not ever require additives to oil.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Built Engines - I use the Mobil 1 15/50 with a half bottle of Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive.

Stock Engines - I use the Mobil 1 10/40 with a half bottle of Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive.

Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive - The additive adds what the oil manufacturers keep pulling out of the oils.

Filter - Mobil 1 Filters are what we use for all out LS engines.

Everyone has their preference, I use what I have had great results from.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Built Engines - I use the Mobil 1 15/50 with a half bottle of Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive.

Stock Engines - I use the Mobil 1 10/40 with a half bottle of Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive.

Lucas Break-In Engine Oil Additive - The additive adds what the oil manufacturers keep pulling out of the oils.

Filter - Mobil 1 Filters are what we use for all out LS engines.

Everyone has their preference, I use what I have had great results from.
Using an syn oil like Redline would enable you to leave oil additives out. They still have good levels in them unlike M1.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts