Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Official Woodward Dream Cruise 2012 sign up/discussion thread

39K views 640 replies 45 participants last post by  UrbanSS17 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys,

As most of you know the Woodward Dream Cruise is the biggest car cruise in the world. I know there are a shit ton of local TBSS guys but people travel from all over to come to this. I want everyone to know where we're gonna be this year and all the details. The actual cruise is AUGUST 18th but people start cruising all week up to that day.

I have a spot reserved for us right on Woodward and Auburn in Pontiac (this is where all the fun shit happens...burnouts,racing etc.) big enough to fit 75 cars. It is $35 per car to park there and that includes Friday AND Saturday. We can come and go as we please, we can set up tents, grills so we can BBQ...it is only parking for US. They are also putting a port-a-jon there for us so you don't have to piss or shit in front of all the american muscle haha. I have to get a check over to the city of Pontiac Rep by August 10th with how many we're going to have and they will send me our registration cards. They said if there are any last minute people who join or want to park there the day of I can just call his cell and he will bring more registration cards over. How do we want to handle paying for this, paypal? You guys can send me the money and I can write a check to him...let me know what works best for you.

I've been going to this event every year since I could drive and its been awesome. I have had by far the most fun with you TBSS assholes every year we've gone. As some of you may remember, a few years ago we parked at Technicolors in Pontiac. A few years before that we parked on the hill in between North and South Woodward at the turnaround and its been a great time every year. I say this because some of you might not want to park in Pontiac and thats fine. I put in work and called many places to lock this down for us and in the past, Pontiac is where the fun is at. Royal Oak, Birmingham, Ferndale, Bloomfield...all those places have a ton of cops who will bust your ass by way of foot, horse, car whatever. We won't have to worry about that as much and also they shut down Woodward around 9pm down there. Pontiac keeps it going much later which is really cool. Even better yet, if you guys want we can have an after party at my house which is only about 15mins from where we'll be parked. So who's in, who's bringing food, hookers, bath salts, tents, grills whatever? Lets make this the best year yet!:yay2:

This is the hotel I would recommend. Close by, free shuttle, decent prices and they still have some available around $99 per night.
Comfort Inn comfortinn.com
(248) 666-8555
7076 Highland Rd
Waterford, MI 48327

Voted one of the top car events you must attend before you die haha http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/0...time-runs-out/

Here is a link with more info to see what its all about www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLcI6dqssc

Let me know who is in 100% so I can keep this updated.

This is where we are at currently...

Dream Cruise Count:
1. XAMO - PAID
2. BigRobSS - PAID
3. Toyman - PAID
4. RONE - confirmed paying there
5. PeteG06SS - confirmed paying there
6. Mrvader - confirmed
7. UrbanSS17 - PAID
8. Cstewart - confirmed paying there
9. Maximus29 - PAID
10. UMX aka "Mod Party" - PAID
11. Juiced - will stop by later in the day
12. Tony-SS - PAID
13. Rhino07SS - PAID
14. Kozthekilla - PAID
15. DARKONE - confirmed 100%
16. Meltdown211 - PAID
17. Kdubs - confirmed, no vehicle...just there for looks, taking pics and drinking our beer
18. Dmaxvaz - confirmed 100%
19. Lobes1136 - PAID
20. Cityboy414 - confirmed 100%
21. BlackedoutSS - pending truck repair
22. Black Out - PAID
23. Eastside SS LS2 - confirmed - paying there
24. Manheeg - confirmed paying there
25. Keeper06SS - pending work travel
26. Macabee - PAID
27. Nighttrain33 - confirmed
28. 2fast4utbss - maybe
29. SSilverBullet - PAID
30. Joel Doughty - PAID
31. DetroitD - PAID
32. Biglen22 - confirmed will pay there
33. Todd

My paypal address is (junk email so forgive the name haha)
Mustangnut03@yahoo.com
Please send the the $35 as a gift to avoid fees and include your forum screen name.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I know there are a lot of pics and some vid on here from the past few woodward cruises, I'll have to look them up. I will call tomorrow and see about a hotel for people coming in from out of town. I have one in mind that is close and would be a perfect location.

Found some good pics in this thread from 2010. It rained and we still had a blast!
http://ww.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49668&page=4

#4 · (Edited)
Here is a cool little fact I found out about the cruise.

"Did you know that the Woodward Dream Cruise actually started as a small fundraiser to raise money for a soccer field in Ferndale, Michigan?

In August 1995, Nelson House and a group of volunteers looked to relive and recreate the nostalgic heydays of the 50s and 60s, when youth, music and Motor City steel roamed Woodward Avenue, America’s first highway. That year, 250,000 people participated—nearly ten times the number expected. The rest, as they say, is history.

Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe—from as far away as New Zealand, Australia, Japan and the former Soviet Union. North American cruisers from California, Georgia, Canada and all points in between caravan to Metro Detroit to participate in what has become, for many, an annual rite of summer."

Voted as one of the top car events to attend before the world ends too haha!
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/07/20/the-end-near-6-events-as-voted-you-attend-before-time-runs-out/

#9 ·
Don't worry about the money just yet, once we all know who is in for sure then I will post my paypal and you guys can send payment. All I care is we have an awesome turnout and a killer time to make all this worth while!

#14 ·
Let me see what I can do for a hotel. Maybe I can get a deal if others are staying there. Can I piss all over your bathroom floor drunk lol? :D

Sent from my fucking phone using Tapatalk bitch

#17 · (Edited)
No prob man, just hope you can get your truck on the road by then!

I'm in for sure. Whenever you need the money it'll be sent. Sounds like you're happy With the spot.
You guys looking for hotels shouldn't have a problem as long as you are open to 15 min drive or so.
It's just nice after running into nothing but dead ends to finally get our own spot, no sharing. And the fact that its big so we can setup our tents, grills and shit makes me happy. Plus I HATE getting stuck down in royal oak or around that area because they shut woodward down so early, then you gotta find your way home from wherever they detour your ass. Did I mention its ours Friday and Saturday...lol...yeah I'm pretty happy. Hotels should be fine, some close to my house would be good so when we all party after you can get a shuttle back :D

#18 ·
I was hoping to have my cam in by then and spraying her by then but my headers are taking longer than I had planned. I'll still be there, but possibly just a little slower..lol

#20 ·
Fine, I guess we'll still let you park with us haha.

My man Rob! Good stuff dude...you know im in and yet let me know when i can give you the money!
Haha, thanks for having faith in me buddy! I was starting to get a little worried we wouldn't get a spot! Now I know this year is gonna be awesome...I can already tell!

#25 · (Edited)
Oh you love me and you know it ;)

I'm a witness. He's making threats!!

Sent via Tapatalk

Should I put a ppo on his ass so he can't attend dream cruise lol? He's turning violent! Haha

#31 ·
Come on people, who else is coming to woodward with us! Party at my house after the cruise...colt 45's and bath salts...bring it!

#33 · (Edited)
I called the comfort inn about 4 miles from me and they have rooms available $99 per night regular room and $109 for premium. They also have a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles so you can get a ride to or from my house for the after party:beer: or you could always crash at my place. I'll call the holiday inn tomorrow, they're about the same distance from my house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.