Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Silver 3SS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to pick up a code scanner/reset tool and the choices are many and varied.

I've looked at some of the wireless/smartphone apps and they don't seem to be worth the price and the hassle. So now I'm looking at dedicated hardwired types.

Sears has several Craftsman models that come with a connector, a software CD, and detailed instructions on use and theory of OBD. They are also reasonable in price and the warranty will be a no brainer - unlike going to a Chevy dealer....

I've had the truck two weeks now and the CEL/MIL light has come on twice and then gone away after cycling the ignition a few times, possible misfire? Looking to be able to find out the source of future codes without being at the mercy of a shop or dealer.

Anybody have any experience with these? Or other brands to recommend?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
MSD dashhawk
Edge Insight CTS
DashDaq
and I know of few others I posted a few links in the gauge section of each one check it out and see which is what your looking for

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
How much is a techII at retail price, and a good deal on one?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Silver 3SS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use a auto xray works perfect.Don't waste money on a code scanner get something that reads live data.and it will still check your codes.
When you say it reads live data, what kind of data? And what does that enable you to do/see?

Does it allow you to make adjustments or change parameters?

The price is steep....but quality costs.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I was gonna say what kind of phone do you have? If you have anything android your cheapest option is Torque, the paid app is about $4 and about $25 on eBay for a bluetooth adapter.

·
Registered
2007 Silver 3SS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snap-on makes a nice($$$) unit
I bet they do, I have a 1/2" rachet from them that's 30+ y/o and works like a champ - strong and smooth like buttah.

The shop I go to uses their scanner, just from the case and the unit's size and the quality of the cable it looks $$$.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
115 Posts
When you say it reads live data, what kind of data? And what does that enable you to do/see?

Does it allow you to make adjustments or change parameters?

The price is steep....but quality costs.
Your temp.02 volts,batery volts,tps volts,knock retard.You would have to get hp tuners are efi live to change parameters.I mostly just watch my temps and make sure i don't see no spark retard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.