Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my o2 and evap monitors to be ready, I've tried the drive cycles, I've put a couple hundred miles on it driving it around. I still can't those two monitors to be ready. I don't have any codes, I just need one of the two to be ready to pass emissions. Please help

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,816 Posts
I had this same exact issue in mine. I drove 500+ miles without them ever turning on. One day I went for a drive around the side streets by me. Left it in 3rd. Lots of stop and go. Never really got above 40, and the monitor turned on during that drive. Not sure if it was coincidence or not though.
Another option, you can set the monitors to always ready in HpTuners.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this same exact issue in mine. I drove 500+ miles without them ever turning on. One day I went for a drive around the side streets by me. Left it in 3rd. Lots of stop and go. Never really got above 40, and the monitor turned on during that drive. Not sure if it was coincidence or not though.
Another option, you can set the monitors to always ready in HpTuners.
Yeah, I've been trying to drive the hell out of it, I need to have it ready by June 8th. How long did you drive in 3rd for? I dont have the hptuners, I have a diablosport trinity t1000, im not sure if you can do the same on it.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
I thought if I remember correctly that when starting the car cold and let idle for two minutes sets the evap monitor. Drive cycles always worked for me but have to be a driver. Get up to 55 and coast down to 15, etc. hard to do. I usually do that on highway and coast down on shoulder. Anyway. try idling it. 2 mins maybe longer. Try 2 minutes first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought if I remember correctly that when starting the car cold and let idle for two minutes sets the evap monitor. Drive cycles always worked for me but have to be a driver. Get up to 55 and coast down to 15, etc. hard to do. I usually do that on highway and coast down on shoulder. Anyway. try idling it. 2 mins maybe longer. Try 2 minutes first.
Yeah I've idled it for a couple days now and the evap still isn't ready, how many drive cycles did you have to do to get them to set to ready?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts