Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am playing hell with my 102 mm nick williams throttle body, seriously ready to scrap it.

The throttle body is sending the truck into limp mode during runs right about at the shift point from 1st to 2nd. From my research its a p2101 issue as the blade in the throttle body is fluttering under the high boost. I have been working with left coast to tune it out but we have had no luck, disabled the code and modified the positive and negative TPS error tables. NO LUCK!

Any tuners on the forum that have had experience with this throttle body issue or anything else I could try to put this issue to bed??

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Have you tried increasing the max airflow tables on tps vs airflow and the other two? I just max the airflow codes and it rids allot of TB codes that relate to airflow vs tps% vs map/maf/rpm etc. Cant remember them all and not near a computer. Just guessing without more info.

Post a log and config of it happening and we can take a look at it.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
What type of boost and how much? I have not had issues with the GM Eaton blowers because of how the snout is placed but on a Magnacharger or Whipple they can have issues above 15 psi or so. Blow through they are good until about 22psi. This is part of the reason you will see a lot of the drift guys running a cable 102. If problems persist after tuning out the usual suspects I would run a GM 90mm if you have to stay DBW.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I haven't got a solid boost number yet as I have not even had a chance to get it out of 1st gear due to the limp mode kicking in. Max boost before limp mode was 12 psi, TVS2300 overdriven on a 3.2 pulley

Is the 90mm body the stock LS2 type?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
I haven't got a solid boost number yet as I have not even had a chance to get it out of 1st gear due to the limp mode kicking in. Max boost before limp mode was 12 psi, TVS2300 overdriven on a 3.2 pulley

Is the 90mm body the stock LS2 type?
Yes the silver blade ls2 type 90mm. I have run that TB up to 18 psi without issue on both nose drive and jackshaft 2300s. 12 psi does sound low for the issue though. Maybe give a replacement NW unit a try before writing it off. Assuming all the tune setting have been worked correctly for the application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts