Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got UD pulley's, and i need the nut to bolt the new pulley onto the alternator. What size and any recommendations on where to get it?

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
You should just be using the same stock bolt. It is my understanding that a special tool is needed to get stock one off and that any alternator shop should be able to swap for you in about 15 minutes

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should just be using the same stock nut. It is my understanding that a special tool is needed to get stock one off and that any alternator shop should be able to swap for you in about 15 minutes
There is no stock nut. There is a special 1 way clutch incorporated into the stock pulley. The kit is actually not specifically for the TBSS. ASP doesnt make a specific kit for the TBSS.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Can't help you then...The Alternator Pulley I got from ADM utilizes the stock setup and would need to be put on at an alternator shop or someone who has the correct tool.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It is not a standard size nut. I don't remember what size it is but I had to make one when I did mine.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer I tired was not any help in getting me the nut i needed. I'm fairly certain that I need a M18 (18MM) nut fine thread. I just cant find one without having to spend 18 bucks on 6 pack.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...:iamwithstupid:

Use your factory setup, no new nut thingy..
You mean use the factory one way clutch? How does it fit in the new pulley? The new pulley is much smaller than the stock one, and it doesnt look like it will even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
998 Posts
this is a good question. my O/D pulley looks like it's about 3in. across lol. i'm planning on putting my pullies on soon and don't want to figure out something's wrong AFTER i have my pulley's off.

the ADM pulley IS an ASP pulley if not mistaken, correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts