Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
06 black tbss
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now i know what it feels like to see a fake not clone ss! coming out of a store and saw a regular tb with ss badges on it!:wtf: i used to own an 04 i was making into a clone but would never put ss badges on it! and if anyone asked i said no this is a clone to be, it still had the 5.3 in it but i did have the ss bumper and black replicas on it but never once called it an ss a wanna be if any! but now that i own one seeing a total fake got me ill! lol ok just thought id share

·
Bath Salt Powered
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
465 Posts
There is a black fake near me. They got ss rims but it sits like a monster truck. Stock rear step bumper. Ss front clip and ss badges. Best part is the oversized SS sewed into the headrest in the wrong font!! I just laugh cause an older lady drives it and has no clue

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
"Imitation is a sincere form of flattery."

I wonder how the Corvette group feels about us using their name/parts/emblems/avatar/image. :flex:

I've seen a few here and its nice that our cousins want to imitate us. I say, just smile and wave.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
Haha.

My brother owns an 03 TB and is a huge fan of the SS's and ever since i got mine he wants one badly. He added the rims on his but would never try to pass it for an SS by putting SS badges. He was content for a while wit the way it looked but after driving mine he said he doesn't even wants his anymore. He said he wants the real deal.

I don't mine ppl adding a few parts here and there like rims and bumpers but adding the badges is just too much IMO.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
Get this

I was leaving the Air Force Base in my 06TBSS when a trailblazer EXT with SS badges rolls up next to me at the light. He asks if i wanna race?? :rofl:
I asked what motor he had and he replied " a V8 just like you" this guy had no clue. he then proceded to tell me that his V8 and my V8 were the same. the light turned green by this time i had ST turned off and i walked away from it. i got a chuckle out of it but it was fun.

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Haha.

.....He was content for a while wit the way it looked but after driving mine he said he doesn't even wants his anymore. He said he wants the real deal.
:rofl::biggrin2:
I was the SAME way with my Envoy; when I test drove my SS for the first time, I couldn't bring myself to hop back in my Envoy after that. Wound up making the deal that day....:cheers1:

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
I was leaving the Air Force Base in my 06TBSS when a trailblazer EXT with SS badges rolls up next to me at the light. He asks if i wanna race?? :rofl:
I asked what motor he had and he replied " a V8 just like you" this guy had no clue. he then proceded to tell me that his V8 and my V8 were the same. the light turned green by this time i had ST turned off and i walked away from it. i got a chuckle out of it but it was fun.
I remember one day on my lunch break, I saw a very clean, sexy lookin black TB with SS rims by UIC on Halsted. We were in stand-still traffic, bumper to bumper; he was headed North, I was headed South. Dude would not even make eye contact with me, even as we were passing each other ole boy kept his head straight:rofl:....through my tint I saw him glance once to see if I was driving a real SS, then he never looked over again. Dude's TB was nice--very nice in fact with the rims--but he knew he wasn't standing on too much else--I love the respect these suvs get.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
:rofl::biggrin2:
I was the SAME way with my Envoy; when I test drove my SS for the first time, I couldn't bring myself to hop back in my Envoy after that. Wound up making the deal that day....:cheers1:
Yup

When i test drove mine i still wasn't sure if i was gonna purchase it right away(even though i wanted one since new)since i had to get rid of my Durango first but once i drove it and punched it i knew i had to have it there and then. I ended up trading the Durango in and driving home with the SS that night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.