Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My temps for both seem to be running high? Waht is the normal range for oil and coolant temps????

·
Registered
TBSS
685 Posts
For me Coolant driving down the road is about 175 and my oil is 200 or a little more. I drove from SC to OK back in May and never saw my oil go higher than 220.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My temps driving down the highway were 220+ for coolant and 260 for oil..... How can I tell if the thermostat is opening, I have the SLP 160 degree, in for like 6 months.... Trans seem to be higher also....

·
Registered
TBSS
685 Posts
Check to see if the lower radiator hose is hot when the engine is hot. If its not hot then more than likely the thermostat is closed.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,119 Posts
Did you bleed your coolant enough after installing the t-stat? Higher coolant temp will definitely cause you to have a high tranny temp.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bottom hose isn't as firm as the top, OK, yes, my hose isn't firm, personal problem, yes, Blue pill, check.... I will replace the termo will another and recheck......

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, temps are still running high when driving on the highway, coolant 225ish and oil 255 ish. I have pulled the thermo out and boiled it, it opens up just fine. Also, ran the truck without the thermo on, see same temps... I'm not losing any coolant, nothings is blocking the radiator, the only thin I can think of is the water pump is not pumping? Any other suggestions b4 I start replacing random parts??? :dunno:

S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts