Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some info on this? Cant keep my eyes OFF gauges since I got it back. Noticed that my oil pressure runs at about 35PSI or 1 line below 40 (Sorry if its not measured like this). Oil pressure goes all the way down to 25PSI or 1line above 1/4 at IDLE. Is this normal pressure? Wanting to add the extra oil needed for the oil starvation but not sure how much exactly. Want to be extra cautious, would 1 extra quart be over doing it? Thanks in advanced....

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
1 quart extra for piece of mind.

Your 25psi does sound awfully low. I see 35-43ish on the Dashhawk.

I always add another full quart with all my oil changes but keep in mind this truly is a band-aid to the real issue at hand with our pans and the real cure is a new pan.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
My Oil Pressure is always around 40# since I went to 10W40. Thicker oil, higher pressure, even when launching.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, forgot to mention oil pump was just replaced at dealership.....Truck idles just fine RPMwise. Anything that can be causing this?

·
Premium Member
'08 TBSS 2wd
1,496 Posts
I wouldn't put too much faith in the stock gauge...Mine shows ~30 at idle on the gauge, but the PCM reports it just under 40psi. The oil pressure sending units are known for being faulty as well. If you're really worried, you'll need to put a mechanical gauge on there to see for sure.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Oil Pressure is always around 40# since I went to 10W40. Thicker oil, higher pressure, even when launching.
Would 10W40 be an option with 45k miles? I do live with 100-105 degree weather on a daily basis.....maybe oil is too thin combined with probably having only the 6quarts?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tttt.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
mines at one line below 40 at idle!

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Would 10W40 be an option with 45k miles? I do live with 100-105 degree weather on a daily basis.....maybe oil is too thin combined with probably having only the 6quarts?
I wouldn't see why 10/40 wouldn't be an issue.

Use a good oil and put 7 in it.

My norm is change at 3k amsoil 10/30 and 7 qts. 91k on the truck and running strong, just went into the 12s last night AWD

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I use Kendall 10w40 in my new motor, with a 1/2 quart extra.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going to add the full extra quart right after work........Is there anything in a Tune that may have an effect on oil pressure? Have never heard of it, but MAYBE?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Negative ghost rider.
Roger that!
Any other possibilites? something in the oil pan, pickup tube, anything you guys recommend I take a look at?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.