Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those wanting a better ride in rear without breaking the bank. You will need to remove the airbags and truck will sit at 31.25 to 31.5 from ground to fenderlip in rear and ride much better.

STARING DEC 1 2014 I HAVE A CUSTOM SHOCK IN THE KITS WHICH IS STIFFER THEN WHAT BELLTECH OFFERS ON ITS REGULAR KITS. ROEL AT BELLTECH MAKES THESE CUSTOM FOR ME PER ORDER.

Here is the kit
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=111

FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO KEEP STOCK HEIGHT. The above kit with the additional 1 inch spacer is $325 shipped. that will put your truck at about 32.25-32.5 from ground to fenderlip and better ride then with airbags.

This is the same kit that is used on the regular trailblazers.

AIRBAG NOTE- You will either need to pull the airbag fuse in the engine compartment out or adjust the levelers on the frame at the lowest position so the stock compressor doesnt keep trying to pump air. Other than that its a bolt in deal.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your truck is awd these springs will work perfect cause 31-31.25 will be the front with the drop struts and these sprinsg in the rear. as of now 30.5 with springs nothing yet.

also if your using the belltech drop struts with the 8mm spacer these springs will sit about 1/4 inch higher in rear.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where you from? i grew up in the mission/geneva area.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh shit thats right. haha you guys owe me lol

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill have the parts in tomm ed ill call you we can put in the springs/shock tomm night.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
how difficult is it to remove the bags? i think im going to have to make the switch to this set up...i have the belltech shocks up front so these should match up well.

would i need to put in new bumpstops as well, since i cut mine when i adjusted the bags?

with this set up in the rear and the belltechs up front (with no spacers) i should be at around 31.5 all around right?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how difficult is it to remove the bags? i think im going to have to make the switch to this set up...i have the belltech shocks up front so these should match up well.

would i need to put in new bumpstops as well, since i cut mine when i adjusted the bags?

with this set up in the rear and the belltechs up front (with no spacers) i should be at around 31.5 all around right?

yes will put you at 31.25 to 31.5 all around and takes about 30 minutes max to put the kit in.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jsut cut yours or install the new ones that come with the kit and cut 1/2 inch off the end.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
mine are already cut so i'll just leave them as is i guess then....new ones come with the set up?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JUST DID eds truck tonight. Back we did the drop spring with the belltech 1 inch spacer sits about 1/2 inch lower than stock and ride is much better. I'm sure he will chime in.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
28.25 not on tall tires thats for sure.

on stock 255 50 20 the axle rests on the frame at 29.25 inches.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
720 Posts
nope. Tires are 27.8"

They let me buy it back, so I put all of my parts back on the truck last week. Now I'm just chasing a few wiring issues.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts