Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a info overload over that last few days. First question is how do you do the a and b pillars? Also what is the bestbto shine up all the exposed weatherstripping on these trucks?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Always had lifted older trucks that i just washed. But this black tbss needs some tlc

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
How do you polish the A & B pillars? Either by hand or with a 4" pad on a Porter Cable.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Yes.

Do keep in mind you won't get near as much correction out of using hand pads/applying by hand as you will out of using a machine.

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
I prefer to use the Porter Cable 7424 with a small backing plate and Cutting and Finishing Polish on it for jobs like this. You can do it by hand, results won't be as good.

For the trim, make sure you decontaminate it first before you dress or coat it. Something like an All Purpose Cleaner and a woven microfiber towel can knock this out in a little bit of time. Well, with all the trim we have, about an hour. Make sure to decon the trim between your body and doors also.

For dressing the outside, a Sponsor here has a nice trim dressing. To keep the weatherstripping between the door and body nice and full, dress that with something like a leather conditioner.
:coolthumb:

·
Registered
2007 AWD TBSS
683 Posts
I never thought of using leather conditioner for the weather seals, Mook!

Nice idea, gonna try that one out!

I did get a Rupes mini 75e for areas like OP said, and for the bike. My Porter Cable is bulky in comparison to the Rupes mini 75e.

Can't wait for warm weather to try out the Flex! :)

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
I never thought of using leather conditioner for the weather seals, Mook!

Nice idea, gonna try that one out!

I did get a Rupes mini 75e for areas like OP said, and for the bike. My Porter Cable is bulky in comparison to the Rupes mini 75e.

Can't wait for warm weather to try out the Flex! :)
MMMMM That little Rupes is Gangster!:cheers1::cheers1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts