Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 90,500 mile
I'm not getting any lockup. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the converter clutch suppose to lock at 45mph in 3rd or 4th gear? Watch on my solus every once in awhile the converter will lock. Then unlock right away. Think is could be a bad TCC solenoid?.

I also have been getting a p0300. Don't know if this has anything to do with the TCC not locking. The few times the converter does lock the light is not on.

I have replaced plugs and wires. Also ran BG 44k in tank to try and clean injectors.

If I look at misfire history. I get history on 5 and 8. Have not done compression test yet.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention that the trans temp stays with in 5* of coolant temp. Normally running between 195 and 205*. Seems a lil high to me. Would like to see it in the 170 to 185 range or a lil lower. I'm sure a 160* Tstat would help some.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
If you already tried plugs and wires you could try swapping coils and injectors around to isolate the problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you already tried plugs and wires you could try swapping coils and injectors around to isolate the problem.
Swapped coils no change. Going to swap around injectors tomorrow and do intake gaskets also.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swapped injectors around. Still getting 5 and 8 misfire. Misfires between 1500 and 2500 rpm. 5 and 8 are the worst. 1,2,3,6 misfire also. But no where near as bad as 5 and 8

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
90% of the time a misfire is cause by a bad plug or bad wire, unless your heavily modded but I'm guessing our not.
I know you changed them but double Check your connections, just food for thought my msd wires failed after less then 1000 miles...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
90% of the time a misfire is cause by a bad plug or bad wire, unless your heavily modded but I'm guessing our not.
I know you changed them but double Check your connections, just food for thought my msd wires failed after less then 1000 miles...
Is there any rub threw spots on the harness that is a common problem? I know on the duramax there is a few.

I check wires to make sure they were tight. Do you think I need to go with a hotter plug?

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Is there any rub threw spots on the harness that is a common problem? I know on the duramax there is a few.

I check wires to make sure they were tight. Do you think I need to go with a hotter plug?

Try some new copper tr55 plugs , double check the gap.

What wires do you have ?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Stock TQ converter? Higher stalls mess with crank harmonics and set that code as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
first determine if its real. if not work the tune

if it is

check ignition first, then fuel then valve springs.
I have replaced plug and wires. Swapped coils around. Tried BG 44K. Swapped injectors around.

Still get p0300. But on history it shows misfire on 5 and 8

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you have swapped injectors and coils and the misfire stays with those cylinders check the valve springs.
Ok. I just read about a 05 gto that was having the same issue with 5 and 8 and they ended up replacing the cam sensor and it fixed there misfire

1 - 19 of 19 Posts