Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the hell do you hook without a burnout??????? Anything past 1/2 throttle destroys any hope of traction I ever had and I'm thinking about going against my buddy's GTO and I know I'll be beat, but don't want to just SIT there. Tell me your secrets:muahaha:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
It might be time for some new tires! Mine would hardly ever spin on the street unless I tried. That all changed when we started doing cams. Mine will spin if I roll into it even at speed.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If all you have is a tune and a t-stat, you shouldn't be spinning the tires too badly. What tires do you currently have?

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock RS-As, and I'm not looking to waste them just to get a bit better traction, too much money into this thing as is, haha. I'll just postpone until these are worn out (soon enough if I can't get my dang foot out of the pedal).

·
Registered
711 Posts
New tires will fix the spinning problem, until you do some real mods. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Get some real tires. the RS-A's are total garbage

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
also how are u taking off....are u stalling it or just mashing off idle....i have hankook ventus now but even on the old tires i would floor it off idle and after a couple chirps it hooked and was gone

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32-35 range (Texas temp changes). No stall, going off of idle. New tires it is, guess I'll definitely need them once I get a stall. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
Parada Spec-X tires!

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
General Grbabber UHP's 275/45/20

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
There once of the top 4 tire brands ran on our trucks. I have a low 12 second truck and love these. My buddy has these on his 10 second TBSS.. There honestly a great tire and cheaper. UHP's are a little softer and they hook! There's people that pay 250 a TIRE for RS-A's !!! And they suck!
**add** make sure they are the UHP's!! Not the UHP "exclaimers"

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
im over 550 horse to the rw.... i spin a lil.. do some suspension mods is what id suggest.. might get you to hook up better.... i always ease into the throttle if its catching then mash it. u should be fine after 30 - 40 range esp since your close to a stock truck

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, 30-40 I don't feel worried about, but that initial start is what's killing me. I wouldn't mind dropping it a hair, but I like that it's an SUV and don't want to give up too much clearance. Always had stuff higher that cars :)

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
i have the falkens 275 45 20 on mine and they are really good.

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
I ran some Grabbers and they didn't last long. I have some Aurora RH08 which cost me 400 a set installed and they hook fine if the tire pressure is right even in the cold weather and I am in houston.

I am a cammed TBSS with a 3200 converter too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just had KDW2's put on and so far they are great.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New tires it is! As soon as I finish these off, I'll give a testimony. If that doesn't fix it, more TQM, haha.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Almost anything I race I pull a 3.5-4 car jump on out of the hole. Little weight transfer a converter and some sticky 315's help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts