Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an intake that is 4" and goes into stock location but doesn't need any cutting? And possibly uses the ls7 maf?

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
PCM has stock location 4" intake that fits the stock airbox. Also has an option for the 4" maf housing and LS7 maf.

Its on there site, im guessing you havnt searched ?

Reactions: Meltdown211

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
What are you concerned about cutting? The airbox, the engine cover...? Efans and a tune are required in most situations too.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
He probably doesn't want to drill a 4" hole through the fenderwell.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I already have the 4" fwi. I did search but didn't see where they had one that didn't require cutting. I am staying with the stock size but not the stock setup. I don't have any motor work done and the people at isp motorsports said that it would barely make a difference if any since my motor is all stock. Is there any evidence supporting the ls7 maf being better than the ls2 maf on a stock motor? I was trying to find a housing for the ls7 maf that will allow it to fit in stock location. Also does anyone know if there is a better ls2 maf sensor than the stock one? Ill look back at this post a little later

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Well then you would have seen that PCM has both intakes for stock location. While isp is prob right, that you wont see much of a gain from swapping to the LS7 maf, why buy the mod twice ? When you can do it once and never have to worry about it again and be set for future mods.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry man, I must not have mentioned that I already have the 4" fwi. Just a hassle to clean. With the splash guard on I have to remove the front bumper every time I clean it

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
Just take the splash guard off and pull the filter. A lot easier then pulling the bumper in my opinion. I do it this way when I need to clean it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Try the filter sock qnd the bolton speed lower box. That should help keep your filter cleaner forba longer period of time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already ordered the airaid with the no oil filter. I still may send it back and just use my fwi. Havent made my mind up yet. Anyone know where I can send my current intake that has been welded, to somewhere that can bend me a piece to the same shape with no welds? And how close to the tb should the maf be?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts