Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

No crankie no startie

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DJLowFreq 
#1 ·
Trying to figure out my issue. 2016 TBSS. My woman was driving it the other day. She Came out it started for a few seconds then died. Then it wouldn't crank at all. Acted like a battery or alternator issue. I eliminated those.

Got it towed home. Pulled the fuse box took it apart didn't see any issues. Reinstalled it, checked power at the ign relays and fuses found battery voltage.

When I turn the switch to the run position the battery and cel light comes on, the gauges dont sweep and the info display does not come on. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Ignition switch is probably the culprit. Make sure and get the acdelco one. I keep a spare one in my tbss, saved my ass from having to have it towed before.

#3 ·
Yup what ^^^^^ said. It sounds like the ignition switch. I commented on another post on here that shows how to bypass the ignition switch and relay and be able to start it if you ever get in a bind again. That way you don't have to wait for a tow truck.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.