Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 49,xxx miles and 8 years my 2007 required its first new set of tires to replace the RSAs. I wasn't at the wear bars but due to dry rot, age, and diminishing performance I thought it was time to replace them. Additionally the factory clearcoat was peeling pretty bad on the rims so I wanted to get that fixed and refinished.

I had a local tireshop refinish the wheels and mount up a new set of Nitto NT421Q tires in stock 255/50r20 size. I got them back on the SS late last night. Around 5 AM the Iphone wakes me up with its god awful weather alert alarm letting me know about flash flooding this morning in my area. What better way to test out new tires!! Took the highway to work this morning and they performed great. Ride quality was better and handling through standing water was flawless.

Significant improvement over the RSAs (not that I expected anything different) and would recommend this tire to anyone based on my minimal assessment thus far.

My TBSS's life consisted mostly of highway driving, which is why I assumed the stock ones lasted as long as they did.

·
Registered
2006 AWD
247 Posts
Wow, you got quite the life out of those RSA's! In for pics of before/after of the wheels if you have pics

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you got quite the life out of those RSA's! In for pics of before/after of the wheels if you have pics
I meant to take before pictures but didn't get around to it since I was doing most of the work at night. I didn't have any curb rash, well that's alight I had one nic that was maybe 1 inch long but not deep at all. So really the only refinishing work was for the clear coat peeling. They couldn't refinish the center caps so they are showing some age.

I will get some new pictures up when it stops raining.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Do you know what they re-finished them with? I need to get mine done also but don't want to go the strip then polish all the time route...

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am. It sure what they refinished it with but it's another clear coat but thicker than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
They did nice work. Looks great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts