Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new set of tires and am trying to get some more feedback on the nitto 420's I have read some good reviews on discount tire but idk if I should go with the prada x that also has great reviews.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Its been said many times over on this site.. They are a bad ass tire and I love mine. Less talky more buyie, go... now.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I'm gettin 285/40/22's very very soon

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size should I go with if I wanted to go a little beefer or should I just stick with the stick size?

·
Registered
White 2006 TBSS AWD
846 Posts
The 265/50/20 on stock rims looks awesome on a slightly lowered SS. Look much beefier than stock. This is what I was running before I lowered mine more and couldn't fit that size anymore without rubbing or I would of kept them. I have pics if you want to see

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea if you could post some pixs that would be very helpfull, I am at stick ride hight and do not plane on lowering it at this point. So any thing that will help fill the wells up. Did you truck handle better with the better size? any complaints with going bigger?

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
I bought my TBSS with the stock size 420's on there. I like them but again i havent had another tire on there

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
nitto invo's are awesome i have 275 40 20's. i just did a road trip to NC from texas and all i can say is they are awesome!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have 265/50/20.. No pics, sorry. You wont be disappointed though.

·
Registered
White 2006 TBSS AWD
846 Posts
Yea if you could post some pixs that would be very helpfull, I am at stick ride hight and do not plane on lowering it at this point. So any thing that will help fill the wells up. Did you truck handle better with the better size? any complaints with going bigger?
The truck handles much better with the nitto's. They performed great in dry, wet and even pretty heavy snow. No complaints at all going with the 265/50/20 size. Here's the link to my photobucket album. Look at the pics with the stock polished wheels not the ones where they are painted black because those are hankooks in 275/45/20 not the nitto's.

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/Frank2O/2006 Trailblazer SS/

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
They're a nice tire. Very heavy tire as well. However, after using them through winter this year a couple of mine are beginning to show some small cracking on the tread. Possibly from the road salt and chemicals.

·
Jigga Jake
TrailblazerSS
1,244 Posts
I just installed a set in 265/50r20 and have only them on for
A day
I have noticed a huge difference in ride quality
Cabin noise is much less compared to rs-a and the handling
Is definately upped
So far I am extremely happy with my decision
To go with the 420 over the toyo

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

Seems like the choices are becoming limited as I was hoping for grabbers this fall. May have to go with these 420's.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Where is the cheapest place to get nitto 420s online?

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
looking for tires also and had the 420's in mind.. anyone know if i can fit the 265/50/20 in the front with the djm a arms with 2" drop and not rub? and whats the biggest i could go in the back width wise.. thanks

·
Jigga Jake
TrailblazerSS
1,244 Posts
I did not have any rubbing issues
It is very close but no rubbing
If you have any doubt your wheel hub/bearing
Assy might have some excessive play in it I would sugg changing
That also
As far and with the drop kit I installed
A djm kit and upper a arms on Keith(kv07s) truck and had nor rubbing issues
You have to keep in mind the upper ball joint cup and the tire move as a unit
The only way to have wheel move and touch is for wheel bearing
To go bad and have excessive play
Or over inflation

Mine was so close it made me measure it and I had two pieces of paper folded in
Half and it slide in between the tire and ball joint
With ease
Maybe one more fold ad there would of been some drag

If anything you could run a 1/8-1/4 spacer and push the tire away from ball joint

I do know if you are lowered with 265 and you take a sharp turn or
Pull in a driveway parking lot with a bump or hit brakes while
Turning you may rub a little on inner fender well

·
The Realest
TrailblazerSS
434 Posts
im running nito 420's 285/40/20 on stockers it has a little pudge on it being only an 8in rim and all but I like the look, and have yet to have any problems with them they are a good tire

1 - 20 of 29 Posts