Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
SuperiorBlue LTSSAWD
33 Posts
i dont understand why they wouldnt do the original price. if they were selling them, and making a profit at the time, then why not make the same profit they were willing to make previously.

personally, i only need the plate conversion kit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
437 Posts
i agree, they were obviously making money at the 369 price just not as much.....i think they should offer it at that price on a group buy since that's guaranteed profit

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
guys if you are not interested in the group buy please stay out of it.... the offer is what it is and if you dont like it dont do it....

It is also possible that the manufacturer has raised prices with etals going up so much or they where running a special for their vendors...

Come on guys I need to order a kit! only 4 more lets make it happen!

·
Banned
06 AWD TBSS
876 Posts
And its not like the economy can support great deals right now. The 369 price was a damn steal and I'm not trying to cause anybody to go out of business.

If someone knows of the rep on this site that can git in touch w/ him to see if they'll do another GB.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
In all reality im willing to pay a little more to get a kit from a reputable vendor! Lets get it done I need the kit!!!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
Did they even say they would do it again for the $425.00? I remember him offering it once a while ago, after the $369.00 deal, but I don't know that the $425.00 is even approved!?! I could probably get in for $425.00 shipped, but I don't know that it will happen. This is an era of low balling and holding off, I don't blame the other guys above. Not long ago it was in a local paper here that even large chain stores that never negotiated as long as they have been in business are now starting to talk price, instead of demanding the posted sticker price. The economy sucks, and nitrous is not really a necessity during a recession. Like I said, I'd probably be in for $425.00 shipped, which is still putting money in their pocket and earning a customer, but that is as high as I would be willing to go. Obviously they were still making a small profit at the $369.00 price. Even in hard times, not too many people are going to sell items for less than they paid for it, so I don't think it would be "putting them out of business". What could put them out of business is refusing to sell nitrous kits to 10 people just because we are cutting there profit to a point slightly less than they would like to see. Personally, I believe $5.00 profit is better than $0.00 profit. If they don't want to sell, thats their priority. Like I said, money is tough right now, and I don't NEED nitrous, but will put a little money in their pocket if they are willing...............................

·
Registered
06TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
I would be interested in purchase of a kit but first I want to know the price from Nick himself rather then taking other members word on here bout it. I dont want to be led into thinking its a different price and lose my high hopes..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guys, there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the plate group buy...The 369 price was a one time deal and I don't see it being that price ever again. Unfortunately over the past few months the prices of raw materials have sky-rocketed. Since we pride ourselves on using the highest quality materials and don't believe in sacraficing structure for price, the cost of the goods have risen. Also, I encourage all of you to please shop around as well. You will notice that our standard prices are usually well below the competition!!

The first page of this thread people were asking for another GB on nitrous plate kits after the holiday sale was over. We decided in mid April to run the GB for TBSS owners only and had a few requirements which were laid out in post #55 of this thread. The GB was to be over the end of April. I'm sorry for those that have missed out on it, but there is nothing I can do to bring it back. It has been over 2 months since it started.

We are having a very hard time keeping the 90mm plates in stock right now. Between the GTO's, TBSS's, C6's and F-bodies, they just seem to fly out the door. And, just so I'm not labeled an a**hole, this is what I can do for the people interested in still getting one...

THIS FRIDAY JUNE 20th 2008, I can do a 5% OFF the TBSS 90mm PLATE NITROUS KIT. THIS IS ONLY VALID FOR THE FIRST 5 PEOPLE!! So do not hold off ordering until late in the day because there might not be any coupons left!! Ordering is simple, just jump onto our website www.harrisspeedworks.com and enter coupon code: 5 ,(just the number 5), in during checkout. Remember there are only 5 coupons out there and if you are too late, the coupon code will be denied. Please do not miss this second opportunity to save!!

Any questions please contact me directly at [email protected] Thanks!

Nick

·
Banned
06 AWD TBSS
876 Posts
Thanks for getting back to us Nick. I'm definitely going to check out what current pricing is but I like some do not need nitrous. I know it was just to smokin of a deal to pass up at 425.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
Well, it would be $475.00 plus applicable taxes, plus shipping. So, you're well over $500! I don't need it that bad, but still plan to do it down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
is the plate kit really needed?? I have only had NOS on one car before and it used a fogger and worked just fine... what is the real advantage to the plate kit??

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
I don't know much about it, hopefully somebody else will chime in, but I think you get better atomization with a plate, and better distribution. I think they look better too. Like I said, I'm not sure about any of that, just a guess.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
I think their plate kit looks bad ass installed :) . Matches nicely as well!

·
Registered
06 AWD TB SS
645 Posts
With this plate kit, will the SS Engine Cover still fit, or will it have to be modified?

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
It will fit with the plate, as long as you mount the solenoids in a place that will allow for the cover. The plate will not bother it though (I'm pretty sure).

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
that plate comes w/the kit?
Not likely. He probably had it fabbed up by someone (or maybe he works with metal at work?) Either way, I don't believe that is a piece of the kit, actually, I'm about 99% sure it is not a piece of the kit. It's a 1 off job no doubt.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts