·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
that intake was like 3 grand alone. i bet entire set up over 20k

·
Registered
282 Posts
Man that is badass. Can't see paying that kind of money, but non the less badass for sure.

·
Registered
2008 Black SS awd
206 Posts
Beck intakes are not as expensive as Hogans.. I have had both and the quality levels are equal. Hogans are roughly 2500-2700 depending on options where as the Beck was 1900. (both with fuel rails)

The power gains when getting into higher cube motors can be seen but for stockish motors there is not much need (imo) Eventually I will have a Hogan on the TBSS but that is out of my own personal preference as I like the look.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
Well I talked to John today and he is signed on to make an intake for my TBSS. Stay tuned, he said it should take 30 days to get my direct port nitrous plumbed sheet metal intake back.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Well I talked to John today and he is signed on to make an intake for my TBSS. Stay tuned, he said it should take 30 days to get my direct port nitrous plumbed sheet metal intake back.
Turbo to S/C to nitrous. What's next...rocket engine?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
My signature is sarcastic. In reality it is a wicked NA motor that was going to have a blower on it. I told them make me something that would make 500 through the AWD and they did. Now it will get a nasty beck manifold and 200-300 worth of liquid fast. The motor is built for it so who give a shit. It will require a cam change, other than that, it is all good.

The truck is running an driving fine. He is having trouble getting the trims fixed up with the lingenfelter MAF. Anyone out there have an 07 with that MAF?

Even more over, the signature is sarcastic because my truck is still a built 403 blower or not.

·
Premium Member
2006 Black 2WD
2,153 Posts
Last time I checked, the LS7 was dry sumped, 427 cubic inches and an aluminum block...
Do I get to call my TBSS engine an LS6 since I have LS6 heads on it?
Pretty sick none the less, but we need some numbers!

·
Registered
917 Posts
My signature is sarcastic. In reality it is a wicked NA motor that was going to have a blower on it. I told them make me something that would make 500 through the AWD and they did. Now it will get a nasty beck manifold and 200-300 worth of liquid fast. The motor is built for it so who give a shit. It will require a cam change, other than that, it is all good.

The truck is running an driving fine. He is having trouble getting the trims fixed up with the lingenfelter MAF. Anyone out there have an 07 with that MAF?

Even more over, the signature is sarcastic because my truck is still a built 403 blower or not.

What was the reason for deciding to dump the MP112 or 122 for the time being? Did the shop figure out the culprit for the no-start conditions...and trace it to something on the SC?

Stil, its GREAT to hear that you have it back on the road...with a wicked motor.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
It isn't back on the road yet. It should be soon. they wont own up to what was causing the no start issues. The mechanical issue was a bad lifter. The supercharger just won't provide enough volume of air. When the TVS comes out I will probably switch to an L92 setup and a TVS.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It may put out power - but that install looks like crap - the member on here where there superchagers, now that looks sweet when you open the hood - nice and clean, looks like it was ment to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts