Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I had my tbss tuned yesterday by Nic D and let me tell you, I am extremely impressed! I just added a 4" fwi and pacesetter headers and had him retune it. I had a tune from Brian at pcmforless that just had way to much timing! About 8 degrees over all! It used to pull during wide open throttle sometimes up to 14 degrees and yesterday while driving it home in 113 degree weather with the temp gauge reading 223, after the new tune it maybe pulled half a degree. I highly recommend Nic D for any az guys. He really knows his stuff! Also if you decide to go through pcmforless make sure Alvin does it and not Bryan. There were a lot of things wrong with my tune from Bryan. Nic did have a lot of good things to say about Alvin so please do not let this discourage you from using Alvin. All of my bolt on's are from them and they really know there stuff. Alvin and Kelly still have great customer service and I will still buy any performance parts I can from them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Sean what part of the year did you have yours dyno'd?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool that's what I thought. I am thinking I would have saw some where around 365 if it had been cooler out.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Yea those def aren't bad numbers for the weather and they're also just numbers...as long as it runs stronger and scoots down the track

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I definitely can't wait to take it to the track when it cools off.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Yea were gonna have to do a big state meet this winter cuz a lot of ppl have/are getting work done :muahaha:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya that would be cool! I really don't want to go by myself.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Naw don't worry u won't be by urself....the last 2 years billy (3devlz) and I always try and get a group out to speedworld....we usually average about 4 but I'm hoping this year we can get more....we usually plan for about early December

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Eric u got plenty of time to get urs fixed and dialed in....I think were gonna have a lot of low 13sec trucks this year....and hopefully some 12s to join billy

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes and no there is nothing wrong with my tbss it's just the heat here and the ls1 fans not pulling enough air! It's common here!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I have. I'm going to try the spal fans first and if that doesn't work, I'm going to get the one through simple engineering.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
have u thought about a ron davis radiator?
Yes I have. I'm going to try the spal fans first and if that doesn't work, I'm going to get the one through simple engineering.
I thought the same thing when I got the ron davis, but it didn't help.... Ls1 fans just don't seem to keep up very well.

Eric u got plenty of time to get urs fixed and dialed in....I think were gonna have a lot of low 13sec trucks this year....and hopefully some 12s to join billy
It's just been one set back after another. I miss my truck, I haven't driven it for like 4 months now :(

Hopefully it'll be ready for the dyno (again) in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
Oh man that really sux but I hope it all works out for u and u get the truck running good....ill be waiting to hear the dyno results :cheers:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm starting to think the excessive heat temps are partly caused by my trans cooler. It seems like it only gets that high when the trans temps get high. I'm thinking I might try and bypass the radiator before I by any thing else and see how it does first.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I think it's your radiator heating up the tranny fluid not vice versa, but it's worth a shot. Should help to keep the trans a little cooler at least.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts