Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about spark plug temps. I now use E3's and I'm happy with the performance and the 100k lastibility. Are the NGK cooler plugs really worth the change? Is it easier to change out plugs with headers? Brandon at FAST is going to be doing the exhaust next week(Pacesetter headers to a Hooker Aerochamber muffler). I just figured while he's there if it's worth the time. I'd appreciate input from anyone. Thanks.^69

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Not that this helps you, but I have the OBX headers and I can change the plugs with no problem.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that this helps you, but I have the OBX headers and I can change the plugs with no problem.
If it's easier to change any plug with aftermarket headers then that's a bonus. Just wondering about NGK performance.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
I've had no problem with my NGK TR-6 plugs and I'm happy with them, however my tuner keeps telling me to trade them with the TR-55's, which he thinks is better for a N/A vehicle. As far as performance....they work.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I run the TR55 in my new motor with no issues.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Get the TR-6, your cylinder temps will drop about 200-250 degrees. It lets you run more timing at normal operating temp at WOT. There are no downsides to them. They will not go 100k though. They will most likely only last 50k.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Get the TR-6, your cylinder temps will drop about 200-250 degrees. It lets you run more timing at normal operating temp at WOT. There are no downsides to them. They will not go 100k though. They will most likely only last 50k.
I recommend changing copper NGKs every 20K but the do make a TR6IX for longer service life if you are concerned with that.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Normal bolt ons, and depending on which tune you go with 91 or 93 running the ngk will allow for more timing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.