Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, not a new member but not very active other than lurking.
Question is: should I buy it at $16k?

2006 TBSS I'm considering but wanted to get some opinions first.

AWD with 137k on the odo. Seller says 6,800 miles on rebuild. Reportedly stock bottom end, polished crank, all new bearings with ARP rod bolts and main studs, rings, oil pump, PMC of NC oil pickup and comp cam kit (223/234 112lsa). Motor sounds healthy with no visible leaks. Haven't gotten it on a lift yet.

Mods I was able to see: belltech lowering kit with air bag delete with new UCAs and LCAs, 863 heads, ARP bolts, l92 intake, CAI, LSA injectors, PMC of NC E-fan kit, water pump, 1 7/8 LTs into stock exhaust/muffler.

What makes me uneasy and causes some concern: Vehicle spent most its life in PA and MD and has the underbody rust to prove it. No holes but rust is scaling in 1-2 mm thickness (rust is my biggest concern). Wheels are showing a lot of spiderwebbing and are going to need to be blasted and recoated. It is tuned but would benefit from a retune. Feels really sluggish off the line, most likely from a stock converter with the cam choice. Power feels like it comes in around 4500. (Seller was gonna go LSA charged)
Newer paint job but not the best quality.

I already have a 2006 RCSB (lq9 swapped) with a similar list of mods which feels much faster so I really don't need another project/toy. I know AWD starves some of the power but should it be this noticeable?

Is there anything with this platform I'm not considering and what else should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance,
Clint

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
383 Posts
Truck don’t sound too bad for the price, although, it still seems a lot of things still need to be done to make this baby right. The rust can always be POR’d, wheels can be stripped and polished or new ones bought, new built trans put in, ect ect. Just depends on if you are comfortable with what needs to be done for what you seen/felt with the truck. There isn’t that big of a difference between the awd and rwd. There was a thread somewhere here with guys that had the time slips to prove it. Carrier housing and intermediate drive shaft/coupler and the trans are the weak points on these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts