Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone! New here but a quick & if you guys could some input
2008 trailblazer ss 232k won’t crank or start salvage yard selling for $2500.00 (clean title) good or bad idea?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Figure your paying $2500 for a rolling chassis. If it's in good enough shape and you can see that its had some good, recent repairs and or upgrades then it could make sense. If you can make it run afterward then it just makes it better. But theres a reason it's at the junkyard and not in someone's driveway..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beware though, LS engines arent cheap to buy or build like the old small block chevys. You can spend alot of money real fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
38 Posts
I bought my SS as a non running Mechanics Special off craigslist seemed like possible bent rod , dropped valve who knew I thought i’d just rebuild the LS2 that was in and be on the street in a month. Well three months later the block that was in it was dead so was one head and piston so what do you do? I’m in the middle of building a 402 stroker from a LQ4 block i picked up from the machine shop that will be pushed by a 80mm snail things def go different directions but for $2500 it’s one hell of a strong platform to build a fun one out of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts