Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Tow/Snow rig yesterday. I sold my 2007 Z71 and got this one instead. It's a 2011 Z/71 crew cab with a 6.2 motor and A6. I am suprised how fast this thing is stock. makes me wonder what a TVS 2300 would do. :D

Just a shitty cell phone pic for now. Once I shave the moldings and do some other stuff I will post a new one.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Nice truck! A buddy of mine has the same truck lifted on 33's and ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 with a programmer only. Surprised the heck out of me

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
Sweet truck. But I'll never get a gas engine in a crew cab ever again! I am sure the 6.2 is light years beyond what my 6.0 was. The 6.0 was way underpowered for any serious work, and for towing the gas mileage was dreadful!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
they make the same trucks in a single cab with 4.10s as a option?

edit just found only crew cab but you can order with 3.73

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
no

You can only get the 6.2 in a ext or crew cab, or chassis cab with no bed.

If optioned with the A6 they usually come with a 3.08 or 3.42 gear due to the 4:1 1st gear in the six speed.

If you want a RCSB with a 6.2 you would be better off buying a 5.3 version and swapping in a 6.2L

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I love your truck:cheers1: The only thing I would do is put a set of these on it

I don't know why but these are by far the best looking wheels for the Silverado IMO

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
Is the body color grille an option now? I've hated the chrome grille/bumper corners since they came out w/ the new bodystyle. Very nice truck!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
dont think you can get 20's with the z71 package. they are pretty quick. my wife drives the same truck. first thing i did was remove all emblems and stickers. she can almost hang with the tbss. not that the tb is that fast stock. my duramax would kill her every time though.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Is the body color grille an option now? I've hated the chrome grille/bumper corners since they came out w/ the new bodystyle. Very nice truck!!
2011 If I remember right the Z71 body colored grills are standard. Chris with H&H Chevy could tell you for sure.

Plus its a nice looking truck I just got a 2010 5.3 Z71 Excab in black with chrome grill, and I love it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet truck. But I'll never get a gas engine in a crew cab ever again! I am sure the 6.2 is light years beyond what my 6.0 was. The 6.0 was way underpowered for any serious work, and for towing the gas mileage was dreadful!
The 6.2 with the A6 is not even in the same class as the older 6.0 and A4. It is not underpowered at all and feels almost as fast as the TBSS when it was stock. I've only commuted one day to work and it was 15.2 mpg with a little playing on the way home. I expect 17 mpg if you drive it nice.

edit just found only crew cab but you can order with 3.73
The 6.2 only comes with 3.08 or 3.42 unless you get the NHT (Max Trailering Package). Then you get 3.73's, but lose the Z71 options. I was afraid of the gas mileage with the 3.73's so I skipped it. I only need to tow the Z06 and a Snowmobile trailer in the winter so the extra towing capacity was not a big deal. This will still tow almost 3k more then my other Z71 would.

I love your truck:cheers1: The only thing I would do is put a set of these on it
I am putting the 20's from my old Z71 on them. Black chrome wheels with Bridgestone Dueler AT's. I think they are 285/55/20

Yeah, standard is the chrome grille, but you can select a body color grille that is dealer installed. I also skipped the chrome package so that the handle and stuff stay body color.

dont think you can get 20's with the z71 package. they are pretty quick. my wife drives the same truck. first thing i did was remove all emblems and stickers. she can almost hang with the tbss. not that the tb is that fast stock. my duramax would kill her every time though.
You can get 20's with the Z71 as long as it does not have the 7,300 GVW and Max Trailering Package. I already had the 20's from my old truck so I left the factory option wheels on it when we were looking. The molding and emblems will be off this weekend

nice truck but you shoulda got the new sierra denali!!

http://2011-gmc-trucks.info/photos/2011-gmc-sierra-denali-1.jpg
I wanted to, but GM has rules about GMS pricing now for dealership employees. Since I work for a Chevy dealer I can only get GMS (combined with rebates and GM card earnings) on a Chevy, not GMC. We tried to get our rep to override it, but there was nothing he could do.

I am actually glad that I got the Z71 because I do go off road a lot and I like the true 4WD option over full time AWD in the Denali.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts