Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone!! was able to finally grab a TBSS this week after some serious time researching. Ended up with an 07 and i'm loving it!! needs a little bit of "this and that" but the plan is to get it to square one and go from there. one of the bigger jobs i'm looking at is replacing the A/C compressor so if anyone has any info on this i'd greatly appreciate that. Can't seem to find much online. Thanks everyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Welcome!

Watch this video on the AC compressor.

Are you handy with tools? It’s quite the task to get this thing out of there. It was difficult enough fitting the engine in, let alone the accessories!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm handy enough to get myself into trouble!! i've seen this video before, wish he posted a continuation video...but i did find somewhere a guy mentioning about removing the tensioner and being able to move it forward and across the front for removal. I'm 50/50 right now on wether or not i make the attempt

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
It’s about $2,000 for a shop to do it. Not sure if that sways you any or not.

It is easier to remove the tensioner and even the thermostat housing. Great time to put in a 160* stat while you’re there.

·
Registered
459 Posts
What happened to the old compressor ?
Mechanical failure or leaking. Makes a BIG difference in what is necessary for a proper repair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good question.....i bought it knowing the compressor wasn't working. The previous owner said he believed it was the clutch but he never did the job. Now its on me

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ok, you need to do a little diagnosis then. First check to see if you have 12v at compressor clutch connector when a/c is turned on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think that's the plan, gonna take my time and get it done. Won't start getting hot for a while

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
138 Posts
I paid a shop to replace mine. I don't have the vacuum pump and gauges to recharge the system when done. It cost me about $1000. They replaced the compressor, accumulator, hoses and orifice tube and recharged the system. I already had replaced the tensioner and belt a few months before the compressor failed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts