Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Looks like a nice kit and decent price as long as you have 6k laying around you are not using.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
234 Posts
The kit looks a bit janky to me...
Glad someone else said it and not me. Or you could spend a little less money and get this system with a dedicated drive, the ability to run up to an F1-R and have the technical support to call if you ever had any questions :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Glad someone else said it and not me. Or you could spend a little less money and get this system with a dedicated drive, the ability to run up to an F1-R and have the technical support to call if you ever had any questions :biggrin2:

Speaking of technical support, my phone was supposed to ring yesterday when you got don't with whatever you were doing in the shop...All I know is Shaun said you were wrist deep in something that required rubber gloves...I don't know nothin'!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
234 Posts
Speaking of technical support, my phone was supposed to ring yesterday when you got don't with whatever you were doing in the shop...All I know is Shaun said you were wrist deep in something that required rubber gloves...I don't know nothin'!
Just got the smell washed off. Ringing you now, lol.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
I'll post some pics of my HOB V2 kit once it's done. I was looking at the bracket system on the TMS kit and there is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That's a lot for q p-1sc

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
:biggrin2:
Please tell me there is someone out the doing a V2 kit that is finally going to be faster than my old 11.52 run on the puny 3/8" V1 bracket...I'm bored...On a goof note, not a single sign of belt slip so far and I am running considerably less tension with the 1/2" bracket!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
234 Posts
Please tell me there is someone out the doing a V2 kit that is finally going to be faster than my old 11.52 run on the puny 3/8" V1 bracket...I'm bored...On a goof note, not a single sign of belt slip so far and I am running considerably less tension with the 1/2" bracket!
There are some builds going on with the new V2 that should have plenty in them to overtake your 11.52. We wanted to go for 10's with our own truck at Nationals but the bearings finally started giving out after 3 years of hard boosted miles. We were out logging the night before nationals and noticed we were idling at operating temp with 10-15lbs of oil pressure. So its all disassembled getting a fresh rotating assembly with 9.4CR instead of 10:1. Then we'll be out to the track with it.

·
Registered
SilveradoSS
100 Posts
If it makes you feel any better he was supposed to call me over a week ago and has not done so either :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 2wd TBSS
1,538 Posts
This makes me want the remaining two 8 rib pullies for my V1 Setup EVEN MORE.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
234 Posts
If it makes you feel any better he was supposed to call me over a week ago and has not done so either :biggrin2:
You're on my list. :biggrin2: The funny part was we couldn't find your phone number for the longest time until K. Wright came by and said he had your number. I'll get in touch with you next week. Its just been super busy and we've been back logged with people wanting to come in.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
720 Posts
There are some builds going on with the new V2 that should have plenty in them to overtake your 11.52. We wanted to go for 10's with our own truck at Nationals but the bearings finally started giving out after 3 years of hard boosted miles. We were out logging the night before nationals and noticed we were idling at operating temp with 10-15lbs of oil pressure. So its all disassembled getting a fresh rotating assembly with 9.4CR instead of 10:1. Then we'll be out to the track with it.
damn. That truck has come a loooong way in the last couple years. I better be notified when you guys take it to the track. :cheers1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts