Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old setup in this configuration some of you might have seen.

I put in 4 AWG power cables, new SXX 12 from RE Audio and a HIFONICS 1200.1 running at 900 watts at 2-ohm

OLD:

NEW :biggrin2: :

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Looks Great I have an se-x 15 in mine. Its pretty intense.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Looks allot better:coolthumb:

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
No Capacitor. 4 gauge rockford wiring and a kenwood 9105d amp. Rated at 900 watts at 2 ohms but in a real world its probably closer to 700 watts or better

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
110 Posts
Looks nice, how is it attached?

I have the next size up hifonics 1500 pushing two 12's but the box is always moving around.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Capacitor. 4 gauge rockford wiring and a kenwood 9105d amp. Rated at 900 watts at 2 ohms but in a real world its probably closer to 700 watts or better
I'm waiting on the sealant for the hole I had to put in the box to dry for a couple days.

Do you get lights dimming? I have a lot of other equipment in mine. DVD player, Stock Nav, NAV Tv, Hardline XM Modulator to DVD player... I'm wondering if the next step is CAP or HIDs if lights are dimming still.

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
No Dimming that I've noticed. Those grounding straps that alvin or mike sells is supposed to fix that if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
And I confused your box with another members that just put up a thread on here with a type r sub in a ported box lol. Sorry for the confusion. Still interested on how you like the re when you get it going!

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks nice, how is it attached?

I have the next size up hifonics 1500 pushing two 12's but the box is always moving around.

Thanks
Behind the seats there is a metal plate where there are holes under the carpet. The plate is the flap that hides the gap behind the seats. I found a bolt that fit the holes in the plate and drilled through the carpet and into the box. Inside the box is a washer 1" diamater, lock washer, and a nut to bolt the box to that flap as with the amp rack I did something similar. I can take more shots of the mounting if you need. The two units still can fold down with the seats :)

No Dimming that I've noticed. Those grounding straps that alvin or mike sells is supposed to fix that if I'm not mistaken.
I have the big 3 kit already. I was getting 2 Volts dropped with the old setup was the main problem and reason for switching minus the fact that the fuse housing fried and shorted due to bad weather protection under my hood.

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: It's tuned. the box is too small for the sub. Any suggestions? build a new box and sell this one? I'll see how well this goes for me in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Update: It's tuned. the box is too small for the sub. Any suggestions? build a new box and sell this one? I'll see how well this goes for me in the mean time.
Put some polyfill in it...it will make the sub perform like it's in a larger box.

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lights no longer dim with this setup on a 4 gauge from the battery :) finally dont look like a chumo rolling dimming my headlights at night.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I like how you protected the amp. Nice setup. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,269 Posts
looks nice and looks like the same amp i had and took a shit on me in no time so went with a powerbass amp :) so much clearer

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the polyfill. haven't put it in the box yet. what were you running off the brutus you had when it took a shit on you?

I've only had 1 amp go bad on me ever and that was after 3 years.

·
Premium Member
Envoy Denali
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That didn't last very long. Just put a hole the size of a quarter in the rubber. One of the screws was broken off in the box and the drill slipped....

FML

Oh well ordering some thing else maybe... anyone got any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts