Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made 1 pass tonight... 11.28 @ 122.00 1.64 60' Fastest Maggie'd TBSS, Fastest Supercharged TBSS period. STOCK HEADS, STOCK CAM, STOCK BOTTOM END. Yes, its true.

I was seeing 12.5-13psi down the track. Joe and I didnt even put it on "kill mode" as he calls it... I ran it on 22* of timing, my Alky kit on the highest setting, and I was seeing as high as 203% injector duty cycle.... Yup, she's maxed out. I would have loved to make some more passes but the track officials werent going to let it happen. Time for a driveshaft loop and a 6 point cage... Not for a while though... Ill make another appearance at the truck shootout in San Antonio in February.

I was intially going to let off at 100mph on the first pass, because we were afraid of running in the 11.40s range and getting kicked off the track without having the opportunity to get the record. I told Joe, if I see 7.20s in the 8th Im not lettin off for shit... I saw 7.21 and kept steaming.

None of this was possible without the help of Tom (T-Mac) and his RIP pulleys, 100mm MAF, and his 8 rib conversion pulleys. Joe (LeftCoast32) of course, working on my tune, helping me every step of the way with getting parts together, tech support, fuck, just everything. Greg for building my trans and converter, fuck this 80e is just dialed, never misses a beat. Damn, they should be paying me for this free advertisement :muahaha: Noe (Godfather_TBSS) for letting me use his bogarts and splitting the new slicks with me. Its your turn now bud!!! Roy Almendarez from RGV Racing for taking the video and helping out with small things here and there with my truck.

I will post the time slip, videos, and pics up by tomorrow. I got an HD video this time...so Mike... you will enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDzmYNwjkaE

Attachments

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
That is flying! Congrats man:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
:yay2: Can't wait for the video. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Congrats on the new PB. Can't wait to see the video

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
dang thats moving.
how many miles/passes have u put on the truck since the 1900? curious how long the stock motors last with those

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dang thats moving.
how many miles/passes have u put on the truck since the 1900? curious how long the stock motors last with those
I installed the blower on January 30th of 2010, I currently have 30K miles on the blower, in a shade under a year. The tune and oil life will make your motor last.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
any dyno numbers? u going to try and find a way to hit 10s on stock motor or u gonna do a cam or build the motor

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
with out coming out of the hole raped ape style, what you think numbers would be on rear 20's on street tires?

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
... Damn, they should be paying me for this free advertisement :muahaha:.
Not until we see decals on the side of your truck Tim. :rofl: I couldn't be happier for you. You've got to be pushing 600 plus HP on that stock bottom end. And again, you spin those slicks like you're on ice. Thanks for the props and congrats on a new PB, and knocking another 2 tenths off every time you go to the track. I see high tens in the near future.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
If tim doesn't want the loop.. I will buy it off u when I pick up my 4l80.. :)

·
Premium Member
08 2wd TrailblazerSS
1,092 Posts
Great Job Tim!! Congrats!!! Maggies rule!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
Damn! That's rollin out! So now I know the stock bottom end CAN handle some abuse. SPray, here I come!

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Tim - Haines Motorsports

Thanks so much for allowing us to share in the excitement. Your TBSS is a "Freak", but what do you expect when you "Rape It" every time you touch the gas! lol

Time for some new 60lb injectors and then we need to run a "10" on that stock bottom end. With the fuel and alcohol used we should have been able to run as much as 4-5 more degrees of timing.

So much for the soft first run. We spoke about where to let off and everything, but a 7.21 in the 1/8th even after the soft launch and anyone here would have kept the foot in it.

I will have more driveshaft safety loops back from powdercoat next week. Grab Greg's DS loop and lets start prepping for the 10's!!

I may need to come up with a bolt in 6 point cage like mine for you.

Greg - Phoenix Transmission

You can build a hell of a transmission!! None of this would be possible without you. You were with us in the beginning on the 4L80E conversions and helped all the way through it. Thanks again to you, even the AWD's can enjoy the 4L80E now.

Tom - T-Mac Performance Products

I cant say enough great things about your ability to machine top quality products for the support of our passion to keep going faster. Your new RIP 8 Rib systems are the talk on all the boards. We could not have done it without you! I just wish we could have been there to watch Tim run. Maybe we need a little vacation to Texas real soon?

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
:idhitit:very cool man... haulin

1 - 20 of 82 Posts