Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently picked up a fairly clean 07 AWD, at 64K miles. I am already paranoid about the life of the trans and engine, as I have been conducting quite a bit if info about oil starvation and blown trans. This will be my DD, and I want to be able to take advantage of the "SS" power potential. BONE STOCK. What would you suggest I start with? For now I am looking to take care of the small things that may help prevent issues down the road. Any and all suggestions welcome, glad to be apart of the club!
tbss.jpg

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
45 Posts
Recently picked up a fairly clean 07 AWD, at 64K miles. I am already paranoid about the life of the trans and engine, as I have been conducting quite a bit if info about oil starvation and blown trans. This will be my DD, and I want to be able to take advantage of the "SS" power potential. BONE STOCK. What would you suggest I start with? For now I am looking to take care of the small things that may help prevent issues down the road. Any and all suggestions welcome, glad to be apart of the club!
View attachment 102081

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
45 Posts
View attachment 102081
I had the same concerns when i purchased my 2007 a few years ago. Mine too is a DD. Bought mine with 90,000 miles . You know what! Haven't had a problems with truck. A few small things but not much more than any other used car I've bought in the pass. Changed common stuff belts ,pulleys etc. Keep up with oil changes. If you don't beat on these things I don't see having any problems. I do keep an extra quart of oil in engine just as a fail safe and that's it. This site is a life saver and everyone on it have been really helpful. I live in Jersey and drive truck all year round. Good luck with your SS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
92 Posts
I'm at 144k miles have went through 1 trans and the front diff and I'm religious about maintenance.

Best thing I can say is for the trans change the fluid every 4th-5th engine oil change and have a sonnax "sure-cure" shift kit installed. That'll help keep it alive longer for sure. Also keep it out of overdrive in town. Leave if in direct drive (3) until you're up to a cruising speed that you'll be at for a while (like 55-75mph)

I've run the xtra qt. In the oil pan for a few years and haven't had any issues, however the pickup tube relocation kit from PMCOFNC is worth every penny.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07' (1SS) RWD, flowmaster, Rockford Fosgate power, Pc wheels, rear coils,
27 Posts
View attachment 102081
clean mf! and welcome. ive owned my SS since Sep last year and love it more and more. do not hard launch it and starve it fix the oil problem asap. or baby it like i have been. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know people will offer the new pick up tube relocation but since your'e awd its a bit more work but not impossible for now keep it nicely lubed. always check your level and run 7 quarts. i havent had any issues with my truck but the ones i bought it with so far, cam sensors, fuse box, tire pressure monitor on front passenger, oil pressure sending unit scared shit outta me, and i just did the first spark plug change its a pain in the rear but possible! also i got mine at 137k miles currently at 142k thanks to pervious owners and carfax i confirmed tons of maintenance was done at stealership so it saved me a bit to get it where its at now. currently my only problem is worn suspension bushings,shocks,coils on front. but its next on the list i love this pile!

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know people will offer the new pick up tube relocation but since your'e awd its a bit more work but not impossible for now keep it nicely lubed. always check your level and run 7 quarts. i havent had any issues with my truck but the ones i bought it with so far, cam sensors, fuse box, tire pressure monitor on front passenger, oil pressure sending unit scared shit outta me, and i just did the first spark plug change its a pain in the rear but possible! also i got mine at 137k miles currently at 142k thanks to pervious owners and carfax i confirmed tons of maintenance was done at stealership so it saved me a bit to get it where its at now. currently my only problem is worn suspension bushings,shocks,coils on front. but its next on the list i love this pile!
IMG_2322.JPG
greetings from so cal

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm I. The same boat. I'm planning to do a trucool 40k, and run 7. 5 qts of oil until I get the time and motivation do install the oil pan baffle.

Since I plan to tow with mine, cooling is another thing I have concerns about, so I'll eventually do efans and an fsr radiator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm I. The same boat. I'm planning to do a trucool 40k, and run 7. 5 qts of oil until I get the time and motivation do install the oil pan baffle.

Since I plan to tow with mine, cooling is another thing I have concerns about, so I'll eventually do efans and an fsr radiator.
Right on! i got lucky an found a pick up tube for 100$ less in my area i just need the time and space to do the pick up tube ill do it for sure before oil change is due though. thats also on my list!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts