Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok looking for options on ride for truck. I have an 06 with 70,000 miles ride is a lil rough in it. It seems rougher than my 07 silverado. Would this be standard or should i expect a better ride. Never driven another ss so i can't compare. Not looking to really go lower with it. I would like to just improve ride. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
The TBSS should be some what stiff riding but not unbearable, my Silverado rode a little better as well. If the shocks/struts are still original at that mileage you should change them out and it should help.

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have talked to norcal on it but i don't think i want to lower. Is there a recomendation for struts that won't lower or is there a 1 inch drop or anything? i know if you go 2" everything gets out of wack with out any arms.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
all you need is the front

belltech drop struts or belltech coilovers you can keep stock height
in rear you can do the street performance shocks or shocks/replace the rear airbags wiht drop springs and 1 inch spacer and will sit about the same as now and ride better than stock.

you would need this kit with the belltech 1 inch spacer which is $500 total shipped
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=65

or you can do drop struts in front $225 shipped and replace rear shocks $130 shipped

and yes the drop struts or coilovers you can keep stock height.

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought if i did the drop struts i had to do the arms too??? didn't know i could do them and not have to do the drop. Could always do it in stages. Do the front now then the back later. then maybe arms down the road.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
if your lowering the truck then yes but you said stock height just now so no need to buy the arms.

pretty much if you buy the 796sp kit with the spacer you can later on pull the spacer out of th erear and in front put the 8mm spacer in and get the arms and your done.

but granted the kit i have here with the spacer will ride great.

·
Registered
chevy
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i bought the belltechs from a member here, Just measured the truck sits at 32.5 and 32.25 approx. If i go down an inch i should be ok with out the arms correct??

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,383 Posts
Ok i bought the belltechs from a member here, Just measured the truck sits at 32.5 and 32.25 approx. If i go down an inch i should be ok with out the arms correct??

anything below 31.75 id get arms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts