Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new navigation but all models I see and researched its more compatible with the iPod and I phones and not the android phones? Which means that I wouldn't be able to use allot of the new functions on the new nav models like Pandora etc etc.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
android = FAIL.. apple = WIN... j.k that stinks

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
Yeah makes me mad that EVERYTHING is made for iphone. Are Iphone apps really THAT much easier than Android to create/interface?

What I did on my Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD is hook up a stereo male-male cable to the AUX input in the back of the radio and plug into the headphone jack on my Thunderbolt. Now I get Slacker, Pandora, play Youtube videos play sound thru the speakers. Kinda old school but Android gets no love.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Hell my AVIC has some MSN bullshit on it that is already cancelled out! :fist:

I wished my H/U displayed my Pandora song info while it was playing from my Droid. I dont understand why it doesn't/can't. :doh:

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
The issue with Android is that it's very glitchy and not a stable OS. It's biggest feature is it's biggest downfall. Android is open-source so anyone can make a program for it and it changes alot of the permissions on the phone. Also Android runs across many different brand name phones (HTC, Motorola, Samsung) and everyone runs Droid differently. Apple is alot more reserved on what applications are available and they spend alot more time R&Ding their applications and so alot more manufacturers trust apple because it's more stable and uniform.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sucks because I cant buy a new navigation now and enjoy the features that I want

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
675 Posts
I could have sworn I was just at Car Toys last week and they had Nav units that picked up your bluetooth signal on your phone and allowed you to stream Pandora or GTunes on an Android device...

That is how my LG soundbar in my bedroom works. Set the soundbar to Bluetooth mode, sync it with my phone and booyeah, I stream Pandora and GTunes wireless and seamless.

Iphones suck, been there done that, never going back. HTC EVO 3D FTW!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
I could have sworn I was just at Car Toys last week and they had Nav units that picked up your bluetooth signal on your phone and allowed you to stream Pandora or GTunes on an Android device...

That is how my LG soundbar in my bedroom works. Set the soundbar to Bluetooth mode, sync it with my phone and booyeah, I stream Pandora and GTunes wireless and seamless.

Iphones suck, been there done that, never going back. HTC EVO 3D FTW!
Any radio with built-in bluetooth or a bluetooth adapter will allow the sound to stream over bluetooth to the radio and play over the speakers. I think what the OP is looking for is a head unit that will "control" the Android phone like how the new Nav units control iphones.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
675 Posts
Any radio with built-in bluetooth or a bluetooth adapter will allow the sound to stream over bluetooth to the radio and play over the speakers. I think what the OP is looking for is a head unit that will "control" the Android phone like how the new Nav units control iphones.
Thank you sir!! I am switching over all my stereo stuff from my Eldorado to my DTS and making a couple of upgrades along the way. I just looked into what you said about the Bluetooth and that should work perfectly for my Alpine cda-105 (after I buy $100 BT adapter).

I would almost rather just stream and not control it with my headunit anyways because you would have to string the ipod cord from your glove box to your cup holder to connect to your phone... I like my current setup with my ipod touch hidden in my glove box.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
The issue with Android is that it's very glitchy and not a stable OS. It's biggest feature is it's biggest downfall. Android is open-source so anyone can make a program for it and it changes alot of the permissions on the phone.
Yea there was a company called Microsoft that did that. Really didnt work out well...

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
Thank you sir!! I am switching over all my stereo stuff from my Eldorado to my DTS and making a couple of upgrades along the way. I just looked into what you said about the Bluetooth and that should work perfectly for my Alpine cda-105 (after I buy $100 BT adapter).

I would almost rather just stream and not control it with my headunit anyways because you would have to string the ipod cord from your glove box to your cup holder to connect to your phone... I like my current setup with my ipod touch hidden in my glove box.
No problem! The only issue with streaming over bluetooth is audio quality suffers. Bluetooth compresses the audio before sending over the air because the of the bandwidth constraint. So while bluetooth is easier to connect, your music may have that "tinny" (pronounced tih-knee :)) sound. Some people can't notice it and some peopl it drives them crazy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.