Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So again with me learning all I can about these truck I see oil starvation may be an issue on hard launches. PCM Sells a baffle kit...as do a few others like Moroso and someone named Kevin Hansen? But anyway I would be looking at an AWD model and wondered what others have used and hade good experience with.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
185 Posts
I used the PCM kit. Install was a breeze. That being said, I was installing that on my crate motor LS3 because I spun a bearing. Installing this while the motor is installed is probably quite the task, AWD takes up a ton of space.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I'll have to look into that...riveting something into the oil pan just sounds like asking for a leak to me lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
185 Posts
The PCM one comes with a tap to thread where the existing rivets were, and you use supplied bolts to hold in place. For those that are skeptical about using bolts, use loctite. It’s not under high pressure, and the bolts wouldn’t go anywhere even if they came out.

The one advantage about the PCM one is it’s not only the baffles, but also a longer pickup tube that goes to the rear most part of the oil pan. Hence the price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have access to about 5 different guys that work for us or that I work with that I would more than likely have do it. One of them just finished a 350z with a built 6.0 and a 88mm turbo - he did the entire build himself. He's a converted Audi/VW guy lol. But i'm going to most def look into this! Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Baffle is featured in videos by coverman66 and Revhard garage. Its a simple install after you get the pan out (the hard part). 2 x 3/16" holes in the splash tray to match ones in my baffle and pop the rivets. Sold over 2135 to date and its been in mine since 2010. I have a degree in me hanical drafting and design so its not some fly by gimmick. It holds oil up front on the stock oil pick up tube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the pcm of NC kit while it was in the shop getting the cam and bearings replaced. It's not that expensive for what it can save you . My mechanic said it was really easy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm using 7.5qts of oil. It's a good bit of work to get the oil pan out, the front axle runs through it.

I plan to do the baffle personally. The pcm of nc system might be better, but I think they're equally effective in all but the most extreme of situations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts