Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

New HID Install with 2007bluetbss (member here)

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  newyork326 
#1 · (Edited)
Chris (2007bluetbss) and I met up at his friends shop here in Northern Virginia so we could install HID's in our trucks. He put HID's in his low beams and put on Jettt's DRL Killer and did a 3 wire grounding kit. I put HID's in my low beams and replaced the fog lights with the Jettt kit and put HID's in my new fog lights as well.

Here are a bunch of pictures from tonight.

This is what came out of my cracked fog light (busted up fog light bulb)

My fogs only at about 40 feet... this is a great new cut off!

My fogs from the front

Chris's quad beam - Bright as HELL!

Both of our trucks from the front.

[The Next pictures are of my truck only on a dark road by my house.[/BHigh

High Beams only - Not Bright at all compared to the new HID's

Low Beams Only

Fog Lights Only

Lows & Fogs Together

Lows & Fogs in my Driveway

Lows and Fogs Shining into my dark Garage.

See less See more
#2 ·
What temp did you get/use? 600k, 8000k, etc?

#5 ·
thanks.

#12 ·
Haha.

Looking good! One of my fog lenses are cracked as well, but it's not the one that is all rusted and shitty for some reason.

Yeah well, any plans to do HID's in the highs?

#14 ·
I am not going to do the High Beams b/c if you put HID's in there then you lose the flash to pass... plus HID's take a few seconds to "warm" up and start working properly.

Which fog light do you need... I have a spare stock one I think drivers side that I could sell you.

#17 ·
I am not going to do the High Beams b/c if you put HID's in there then you lose the flash to pass... plus HID's take a few seconds to "warm" up and start working properly.

Which fog light do you need... I have a spare stock one I think drivers side that I could sell you.
I see, good call. I have a pair of lenses that I bought off a forum member here. Thanks, though.

So, you guys both bought the Jettttstream HID kits for lows and fogs? I was eyeballing them for awhile.

#18 ·
Actually both kits are from DDM Tuning... I went with 4500K and Chris went with 8000k... The actual fog light housings in my truck I replaced with the package that Jettt is seilling for $50.00 bucks (housings only) but I put DDM bulbs in them. Chris also installed a Jettt DRL Killer in his truck, I decided to wait on the DRL Killer because I have electrical warranty work coming up in the next few weeks and didn't want to have to deal with the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.