Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just figured i'd check in, I picked up my 2006 Trailblazer SS yesterday afternoon from a dealership in Nicholasville, KY.

I traded in my 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo on it, I really hated to see the car go, I bought it with 3 miles on it and drove it till it had 53369 on the clock! The car had an extensive mod list and was definitely a great car to drive!

I hated seing it go, but I love my new SS, and it'll be alot better in the WV winters haha

It's the SS3 edition, with heated seats, leather interior, Nav, DVD, and all that stuff. Definitely alot more comfy they the crowded cobalt LOL, not as much plastic either :)

I do have a few questions if you guys would be so kind to help me out!

With the navigation do you have to have the map CD in the whole time to use it? or is there a way to save the map CD to the system? I used it on the way home, but I had to keep the map CD in the whole time.

I'm new to this thing, so what are some good power adders to start off with? Intake, exhaust,tune?

This one I may sound a little dumb for haha, but when the cruise is activated, the light that pops up for me is an orange one and the picture is a slippery road car, with a wrench on the left side? Not a green circle deal like usual. Is that correct? I haven't had time to look at the book, but I was just checking.

Anyway, my main purpose for this switch was to have something to haul my bike with to the track next season, I'm tired of having to rent a pickup just to go! I have a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 as well, street/track.

Pic for people interested:

Thanks for reading guys, and sorry if I sound to dumb, I actually know my way around a car pretty well usually haha

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the longest introduction i have ever seen. Congrats new guy! Looks like you already have tints, ss overlays and a black bowtie. Sweet!
Well I had time haha

and yeah, it already has 35% tint (i'll be making it darker soon, 35 just does nothing to me lol, i'll take it down to 20%), the SS inlays (need a new SS rear badge though, that ones chipped), the bowtie black, and luckily it already had an Isimple hooked up to the radio so i didn't have to do any of that haha

Another question, do they make inlays for the trailblazer SS button above the Rear Wiper control?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about aesthetic plugs to replace the one above the rear wiper control. Most people put a gauge there if anything.
Alright man, I found a place that makes some inlays for them. So i'll do that for now, but I want to do a supercharger setup sooner or later, so I see where i'll be putting my boost gauge :)

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Welcome dude from SC. Been thru Beckley and love that part of the country. You will love the TBSS and this site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.