Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I'm looking to caught up with my new purchase. How can I tell what SS model I have? I see a lot of people posting 1SS, 2SS, 3SS. Any mods to help my MPGs? I purchased it with the intent to be my daily driver but it's far from being gas friendly vs my other rides.

BTW my other vehicles are a 99 camaro SS with LS2 build close to 500 rwhp, an 87 Iroc making 400 rwhp/420 rwtq and my 68 camaro with an LS3 build in progress. Oh yeah my work vehicle :copcar: which is a ford

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Welcome, if u got leather u have a 3SS if u dont u got a 1SS easiest way to tell.
Tune, intake, and ls1 efans are suppose to help with MPG a little. Post up pics of ur cars

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, if u got leather u have a 3SS if u dont u got a 1SS easiest way to tell.
Tune, intake, and ls1 efans are suppose to help with MPG a little. Post up pics of ur cars
I have leather, sunroof, touch screen, white, 2wd. Came with K&N CAI, lowered, new tires, and a dumb move I think which they installed a Borla in place of the resinator and kept the stock muffler :dunno:. Any idea's on where to tune or what kind of tune I should look for? Since I'm sure my tuner for my SS camaro can tune it. LS1 electric fans help with MPGs?

As for pictures of the cars, I'm trying to take a sig picture of all 3 running WHITE vehicles.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
ya u got a 3SS (if u have a 07-09) then or LT Package (if u have a 06). im sure the guy who tuned ur camaro could do ur TBSS too, but if he doesnt feel comfortable doing it theres Left Coast 32 hes down in SoCal (dont know where tho) he does a good amount of TBSS on here

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya u got a 3SS (if u have a 07-09) then or LT Package (if u have a 06). im sure the guy who tuned ur camaro could do ur TBSS too, but if he doesnt feel comfortable doing it theres Left Coast 32 hes down in SoCal (dont know where tho) he does a good amount of TBSS on here
Yeah it's an 07. Thanks for the advice, my tuner is Charlie from RPM motorsports in Valencia I think. Any idea on the mods I would have to do as far as the electric fans go?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
If that IROC becomes a conflict of interest with your current line of work I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Oh yeah... Welcome.

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
between PCH and anaheim by banning high
Banning High is on the other side of PCH. OOOH you're on the east side, I was just there on that block yesterday. I use to date a girl off of denni and your block(many years ago). I'm always in that area, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for a Black TBSS with limo tint, gives me a reason to stop and chat with you while working lol. But seriously I would like to hear your exhaust to get ideas on what to get next.

BTW Ever seen the white TBSS off of Anaheim and the 110 south on ramp?

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If that IROC becomes a conflict of interest with your current line of work I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Oh yeah... Welcome.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. That Iroc will never become a conflict of interest, it's my first car. My pride and joy. I've spent more money on that vehicle that I can count. I converted it from t-top to hard top. 355 forged bottom end with 500 miles on the set up and I'm tearing it apart for bigger heads, and fully ported superram. Hoping to beat my previous dyno numbers by at least 30 rwhp, 20rwtq and oh yeah it's all smog legal. No special smog like my LS2 camaro SS.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Banning High is on the other side of PCH. You mean closer to the new school they're taking forever to finish? I'm always in that area, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for a Black TBSS with limo tint, gives me a reason to stop and chat with you while working lol. But seriously I would like to hear your exhaust to get ideas on what to get next.

BTW Ever seen the white TBSS off of Anaheim and the 110 south on ramp?
well yeah I just say banning high so people can say oh yeah I know where that is!!! but yes I live by that new school that looks like a prison, I live on L street and McFarland and I won't be to hard to miss I am the only black one with a silver hockey stripe here in this area and for exhaust you will hear me!
yeah I always see that white one parked either on the side or in the back

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.