Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined as I have purchased a 2008 TBSS AWD <142k miles> with the (expected) bad #3 rod bearing (low oil by previous owner).
Since i don't have to deal with snow & it was so horrid getting the motor out, it is being converted to 2whl drive. Finally got the motor and the whole drive-train out after creating new cuss words at almost every nut/bolt that had to be removed -lol.
The adventure (nightmare?) continues as getting parts for a performance build is now difficult due to the pandemic. Plan is a stroked normally aspired 6.0l with a 4l80E behind it.

·
Registered
08 TBSS
660 Posts
Welcome from Spring Hill! Where about in this hellhole are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 TBSS
660 Posts
Ehhhh too far lmao welcome regardless…talk to robert Godfrey (Transbuilderguy) in reference to the 80e he’s out of archer fl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the trans tip. I know what I want in the trans but haven't found anyone near me that I get the warm fuzzies from when I talk to them.

·
Registered
08 TBSS
660 Posts
Lol gotta get the warm/fuzzies feeling out of your head…these guys are transmission builders not kindergarten teachers…there’s a few other companies out there that stand behind their products as well just gonna spend more $$ for them…if robert didn’t tickle your fancy look into Hughes or RPM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't spoken to Robert (aka The Transmission Guy) yet. I was referring to those I have already spoken to. Last thing I want is to have to remove the trans again due to a whoops. For me, warm fuzzies do apply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts