Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1301 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Edit 2/26) If you are now reading this start, many things have changed. I no longer will sell new Cree sets as I have moved up to the newer Phillips Luxeon LED sets for $110 that are much higher quality and brighter at 9000 lumens.
H1, H3, H4, H7, H8, H10, H11, H13, H16, 5202, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 880, 881, D2S
Go to aprox page 53 post 1051 to see latest the details

11/2016 UPDATE: I now have the latest fanless technology Phillips sets with 6 tiny Leds per bulb that use only 25 watts to produce 4000 lumens. 9006 low beams set is $65 shipped priority mail and incls my capacitor mod which fools bcm to give full power in daylight. Simple plug n play for bulbs, one wire hook up for drl mod.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
An Ipad will over state the actual amount of light compared to actually standing and looking. It is bright but those are the high beams which you don't run around with on and on-coming cars with in the close range.
Lewis came over tonite from FT Worth and saw them and slapped his $70 down for a set.
Joeybonez from Brooklyn will have his tomorrow.
Petri has his but not sure if they are in yet.
And one other person (forgot who) got his 880 fogs in and said they were great.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,289 Posts
FUCK there bright!!! what do they look like in the fogs could you shoot some pics of them in the fogs

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Some more Info would be nice like price per replacement? whats its lifespan approx. hours, are they reliable like set them and forget them or is it constant troubleshooting like people with HIDS always posting they wont turn on or one turns on but not other.... also is this a Plug N Play Kit?

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Yea in for pics for these in the fog light position ! Im in for these !

·
Registered
Trailblazer LT
12 Posts
Yes, I know HID's work much better with projector vs stock.
There is no reason these can't be used in stock. just curious if it will be better with a projector.

·
Registered
2006 White AWD
912 Posts
So basically you're asking if a $500 mod needs to be used with these?
LOL, congrats on TBSS of the month btw.

I wouldn't say it's a must but I would suggest with this much light output just as with HIDs that a projector that will focus the light where needed is a good idea but there are plenty of people using HIDs with stock housings. But then again this is brand new technology so let Kevin provide further info.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok, this is the scoop on these. These are similar to what the new Stingray is using in the "stepped" lights at the sides of the headlights.
They can be used in stock headlights or projectors
They ARE plug and play
3 levels of output - 1800 lumen, 2400 lumen an 3600 lumen (I have all 3600 lumen at this time)
come in most bulb types, except for H1 or the DUAL H7 or ANY other hi/lo type single bulb at this time.
The light output - similar to 6K but with more lumens-3600 (HID is 2600-3000)
The lifespan of fan is over 25,000 hours- the Cree chip is 30,000 hours.
This is NOT JUST-like HID-yes it has a small "box"-voltage driver up converting 12 into 24 V-no igniter,
Two small plugs from driver-one small plug powers the fan and the other powers the SMDs.
These get fairly warm but NOTHING hot like HID or Halogen bulbs.
(HIDs- its 12 V bumped up 10 times to 23000 V... throwing current across 2 electrodes, like a stun gun, across a sealed space filled with Xenon gas, in turn that excites the molecules to race and bump into each other causing friction or the glowing along with high heat)
CREE is instant on-no flickering or warm up time. You will however need to CLOCK the "collar" with the 3 tabs before twisting it into the headlight socket. It is VERY simple-the post with SMDs is like a nut, loosen it, turn the collar with 3 tabs to the correct "o-clock" (the SMDs at 3 and 9 o'clock positions for maximum output of light.
This order was put in with the factory 11-7 (Guangzou is 11 hours ahead of us) and I'm getting 20 sets 3600 lumen for now. I usually have my orders with in 5 days-DHL shipping-once I have sent the money. If these sell out then I will order more and if I get requests for other types, I will order those at that time.
For this order I'm getting the 9006 (10), 880 (6) and 9005 (4). These are NOT cheap!
I have been inundated with questions from this forum, from locals and FB also on these. Thanks for your patience.

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
Do these fire right up or take a few seconds like HIDS? Just wondering because I currently have HIDS with regular highs and would love it if they fired right up without the few second delay(mainly for high beam use)

Never mind you address that already.

1 - 20 of 1301 Posts