Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will a 226/232 with a 610/589 lift and a 111lsa work on my tbss and some ls7 lifters spings and push rods its off a ls1 ta with ls6 heads let me know if it will work?

·
No mods honey, I swear...
TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
It depends on what your definition of "work" is. Yes, it will fit in there. Yes, the truck will run. Other than that, with the lack of knowledge of your other mods, how well it will "work" is a little hard to say.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
Cam and push rods will work. The ls6 heads are the 243s that are on these stock, so unless they are ported you have no need for them. Therefore if you are not switching heads the lifters are not needed either. Otherwise you will need other supporting mods such as intake, headers and a converter to maximize performance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
You will also have to have another Tune I am sure. Wouldn't really go to that expense and trouble unless I had a good idea how it would perform. Maybe a few others will chime in soon.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,449 Posts
That cam is close to the Robstyle cam that I'm installing, I'm also installing a Phoenix 3200 stall, Transgo HD2 kit, already have catless OBX headers, e-fans, just ported the throttlebody & 243 heads, new lifters, springs, pushrods, retainers, locks, and ordered forged/balanced rotating ass'y (pistons, H rods, crank). And then it will get retuned. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
That cam should give you nice torque. Why was this being run in a T/A?? Seems more like a truck cam to me.
An 1/8 mile monster :dunno:

I'd be real curious to hear a 111LSA.

Install it man. Only one way to find out.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
or do all think a attitude cam would be a better cam to buy? hes selling the cam, spring,push rods,and lifters for $200
The Attitude has been proven here time and time again. It's a solid performer.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Honestly no cam is dedicated to car or truck... You will be happy with that... The 111lsa will be a wholeshot whore!! I say do it!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
907tbss you have a Vengeance Racing VRX 3 cam (226/228; .584/.588 114lsa), so i think it should be about the same
I think the attitude has a lower lsa. It's closer to that cam you were looking at first if I were guess (I own the cam and really don't know it's specs lol).

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I think the attitude has a lower lsa. It's closer to that cam you were looking at first if I were guess (I own the cam and really don't know it's specs lol).
Your right.

I'd be willing to venture the Attitude is on a 112 or. and slightly more aggressive.

The vrx3 is tame by the numbers but lift helps and the advance.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they didnt give you the specs or what that cam seems to be a very nice cam its better then most cams i think! but i guss well see im going to get it and ill let all know!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.