Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More testing at the track. New mods- Stand along fuel system ,M&H drag radials 275/55 16" and factory 17" wheels on the front. Saved 50lbs total. These M&H's hook hard :biggrin2:

Don't know how I was getting by on the nittos for so long. Usually pull 1.65 60fts and 6.90's at my local 600ft track. Last night was able to pull 1.60 60ft and 6.79 in this summer heat. Getting closer to my 10 second 1/4 mile goal on stock block/heads. A/F ratio is rich now with the stand alone at 10.8. Have to lean it out some.

Here is a video of that run. A lot of side bets where on this race I thought the Evo was going to give me a run they said it was over 500hp and had slicks on all 4 wheels but he never could get it to hook so he let out of it. Actually raced him twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wq7cu1uGD0

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
nice run - didnt sound like it had close to 500hp but you never know with those rides.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have that thing coming out of the hole pretty good. Lean the fuel out to 11.6 or so and get that thing on the 1/4 mile.
Will do....already have fuel jets ordered.
I'm going to wait for better air before the 1/4 mile track so I will have a better chance at 10's. They will only give me a couple runs with out a roll cage.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice run - didnt sound like it had close to 500hp but you never know with those rides.
yea...he didn't even launch it on that pass and just putted down the track. He said it was between 30-35lbs of boost and others said it has been 6.60's at that track so I thought I was in for a race. But every pass he tried to make he spun all 4 slicks so I don't know.

On the other hand the TBSS with the M&H's had zero wheel spin on every pass I made:D

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
What rim?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ohhh and what a bitch! I hate it when people don't run and then try to seem fast by hitting it as u pass the finish line lol

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Nice run!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Guess they do a little but they seem to work well. Here are a few pics. This is after about 30 miles street driving at 30psi and 6 passes at 26psi.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Nice work! That truck is coming out of the hole strong! Ive been meaning to pick up a set of M&H in that size for some time, and you have just reaffirmed my decision.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Did you pick up anything in the 1/8 on motor?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Guess they do a little but they seem to work well. Here are a few pics. This is after about 30 miles street driving at 30psi and 6 passes at 26psi.
Sweet! And how tall is the tire?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you pick up anything in the 1/8 on motor?
I never ran it on motor. Its very sluggish on motor with the tight converter and would dead hook every time on the nittos.

It was up .5 to .75mph on nitrous even though it was running richer 10.8 verses 11.4 from last time out.

I bet the lighter wheels did help it out a little.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts