Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I was looking at getting either a TBSS or a jeep srt8 but ended up buying a Saab 9-7x aero ;). The front end will get some getting used to but overall it looks sexy.

So the previous owner sent me this mod list below. The truck used to have a supercharger on it already since the firewall is cut. Question is based on the mods below will it be easier to just get an LSA supercharger or a TVS2300? Does the TVS work with the LS3 heads or further modifications are required? I'm guessing the LSA will just bolt up to my heads based on what the previous owner wrote below, but I'm wondering if a TVS is a better choice?

2009 saab 9-7x aero
14k on the Build 115,xxx on chasis
LY6 motor brand new LS2 pistons/rings
(Higher Compresion)
Ls9 cam w/ Isa springs, hardened pushrods
New Cam sprocket and timing chain
LS7 lifters
New oil pump
Twin 400lph walbro pumps
Return style fuel regulator
PCM for less fans efans
PCM for less trans cooler
PCM for Less oil pickup tube relocation
PCM for less Ground kit
NorcalSS lowering kit
Built transmission 800 hp rated
2900 FTI converter
Kooks longtube headers
Magnaflow Muffler
LS3 accessory drive ready for LSA
supercharger
New tires
New R1 Concepts Rotors and pads
Prewired for e85 flex fuel (just needs sensor/lines)
Prewired for nitrous (feed line from trunk to engine bay, wired for controller and heater)
AEM X series wideband gaug

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
632 Posts
The TVS1900 is an awesome supercharger. The TVS2300 is only better if you have the displacement for it, and a factory displacement motor does not. The TVS2650 falls under the same trap. It's better, but only with all of the other supporting mods. For a setup like yours, the TVS1900 would usually outperform the larger variants. With that said, I'm not sure how you mix and match LS3 accessories with a LSA. This may need one of the Camaro LSA swap kits assuming you have the Camaro LS3 accessories. If so, you could also consider any Camaro supercharger kit.

Tim

·
Registered
335i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I think the LSA is the tvs1900 right? I was looking at those because they can be had under $2000 as take offs.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
632 Posts
LSA is a TVS1900. There are a lot of CTS-V owners who have upgraded to larger superchargers, spent tons of $$, and not gone faster. If you're planning on a built stroked motor later or ported heads + nasty cam, then the 2300, 2650, or Whipple make sense, but for a roughly stock engine, the TVS1900 is tough to beat.

Tim

·
Registered
335i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! I'm just looking to run 11's with the big heavy SUV. I'll keep my eye open for a used LSA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts