Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
It's the fusebox. Oh wait a you all beat me to it..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I was being a dick, most here are get used to it. But yes if you watch vids on the tube or search here there are pics the copper tracing breaks at bends and mostly when hot they will not start. If you have a soldering iron and patience it can be fixed. Knock on wood mine has been ok but I had to fix my bros 05 Rainer (same truck) took all of 2hrs remove to install.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
I bought solid wire to fix mine. BUT, I had to buy like 100' of two wire conductor to get it. SO, I have 199 extra feet. PM me and I'll send some to whoever needs it.

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
I started my shop 30 years ago because I worked at one of those stealerships and got tired of see people have there hard earned money taken by self proclaimed experts, the answers you got on this forum are correct, the under hood fuse box is one of the most common problem on our trucks, I have replaced 3 in 5 years been very fortunate haven't had to do the fuse box yet, but mine is Garage kept which I think helps with the solder degradation problem on the box circuit board, but I bought one years ago as OEM's like to obsolete parts and my kids will have to deal with it as My TBSS will be one of my Estate assets cause its like one of my kids I love this car and its so much Fun to Drive

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
Sorry about that My brain and finger do not cooperate sometimes I replace 3 Ignition Switch's in 5 Years

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner of a 2007 Trailblazer SS. Issues with the car not starting frequently and dashboard lights up. Symptoms: Car will start and run after sitting for hours, however if engine cut off, the car may or may not start for at least 20-30 minutes with no fault codes, then the car will start and run as usual. There was an occasion while in a food drive through the car cut off and wouldnt start. I got online and read that you should remove the fuses for the tcm, bcm, and i think the starter for 5 minutes and the car started. Once started the car will drive on the highway with no issues unless the car is shut off. This car is tuned and the dealership is saying the seller changed the password and locked the TCM so no one can get into it, they want to replace the TCM and think its the tune causing the issues, however I am unsure whether replacing the TCM will fix this non start issue...Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.... I have read this forum and heard (Ignition switch, BCM, TCM) however no one has mentioned no fault code like my car is not throwing fault codes so the dealership is stumped....Note: air bags removed, aftermarket radio installed, and tuned so maybe some of those mods have screwed something up...any help or suggestions appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started my shop 30 years ago because I worked at one of those stealerships and got tired of see people have there hard earned money taken by self proclaimed experts, the answers you got on this forum are correct, the under hood fuse box is one of the most common problem on our trucks, I have replaced 3 in 5 years been very fortunate haven't had to do the fuse box yet, but mine is Garage kept which I think helps with the solder degradation problem on the box circuit board, but I bought one years ago as OEM's like to obsolete parts and my kids will have to deal with it as My TBSS will be one of my Estate assets cause its like one of my kids I love this car and its so much Fun to Drive
I had the same problem the dealer is right replace the Tcm and the problem will go away the old TCM is going into lymph mode.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
It sounds to me like a simple case of starter heat soak. Is the heat shield still in place? Are there aftermarket headers on your truck that run in close proximity to the starter? I realize this is a very "old school" suggestion, but it is possible.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts