Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2007 Trailblazer SS. Issues with the car not starting frequently and dashboard lights up. Symptoms: Car will start and run after sitting for hours, however if engine cut off, the car may or may not start for at least 20-30 minutes with no fault codes, then the car will start and run as usual. There was an occasion while in a food drive through the car cut off and wouldnt start. I got online and read that you should remove the fuses for the tcm, bcm, and i think the starter for 5 minutes and the car started. Once started the car will drive on the highway with no issues unless the car is shut off. This car is tuned and the dealership is saying the seller changed the password and locked the TCM so no one can get into it, they want to replace the TCM and think its the tune causing the issues, however I am unsure whether replacing the TCM will fix this non start issue...Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.... I have read this forum and heard (Ignition switch, BCM, TCM) however no one has mentioned no fault code like my car is not throwing fault codes so the dealership is stumped....Note: air bags removed, aftermarket radio installed, and tuned so maybe some of those mods have screwed something up...any help or suggestions appreciated...

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
361 Posts
I’ve replaced 3 ignition switches on mine and keep a spare in the glove box. They are known for failing in these trucks. I think what your symptoms are is the fuse box under the hood. Also another well known issue with these trucks. There are plenty of post on this site regarding this issue. More than likely it’s a broken solder in the fuse box traces, when it gets hot, it shuts the truck off and won’t start again till it cools and solder makes contact again. You can jump the bad spot with a paper clip to test and verify, can’t remember which one it is, you’ll have to search the forum for the post. Good luck.

Reactions: MikeDeez

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you deth machine, i am heading over to the dealship now, there techs are stumped because they count on the computers so much that deductive reasoning is out the door, when i mention forum posts they make comments such as "there are just owners, no mechanics troubleshooting your car, we are experts" but yet my car has been there for 3 weeks....

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
Wouldn't take an "expert" 3 weeks to figure out your ride's issue.

Likely the fuse box. Mine had a similar issue. I pulled it apart and found the breaks, and ran a new piece of wire. If you don't want to dig that far, buy a new fuse box. They aren't terribly expensive, or hard to replace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i have been saying the same response, because there is no code, they are grasping at straws. I was told tune and possible new TCM, i pushed back and said he the car rides once started, so it seemed odd that they went with TCM and tune, i showed them an identical post video from this forum, then they said oh your right maybe not TCM...Since then they have techs out w covid, and cannot seem to figure it out. i am on my way over there now and will show them the fuse block info...thanks again for the such awesome feedback...Burnit

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,026 Posts
I agree with these guys. From the symptoms you reported the underhood fusebox is suspect. They are a common point of failure on these trucks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
I agree with "theheder" the under hood fuse box often fails. That can cause a cluster of different problems. I have had to replace mine once and I keep a spare new one in the garage. They cost about $200 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with "theheder" the under hood fuse box often fails. That can cause a cluster of different problems. I have had to replace mine once and I keep a spare new one in the garage. They cost about $200 if I remember correctly.
Thanks i am headed over there now and going to show these posts with hopes that they will at least look at the fusebox or at some point i will have to take the car to another show...thanks dcast and the heder

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
It's not likely they will pull the fuse box apart to look for a broken circuit. They will happily sell you a new one in hopes that if fixes it though..

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,130 Posts
Go get your truck back and fix it yourself. It’s the fuse box. Easy to swap out.

Reactions: DCast

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
271 Posts
I would have to agree with most in this thread, as I have had under hood fuse box failure. You should show up with a new one and change it in their parking lot in 20 minutes, make their mechanics look like fools for keeping your ride for so long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would have to agree with most in this thread, as I have had under hood fuse box failure. You should show up with a new one and change it in their parking lot in 20 minutes, make their mechanics look like fools for keeping your ride for so long.
lol, they would freak out, but yes i am going to get it tomorrow...its been three weeks...thanks AZ
yes mike i am going by to get it back tomorrow. thanks AZ

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
271 Posts
This is a well known issue throughout the entire GMT lineup of that era. From TrailBlazers all the way up through commercial duty Duramax's. Any knowledgeable GM trained tech should know this .

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
It's the fusebox. Oh wait a you all beat me to it..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
Is there a specific time period or just certain model versions or engine options that show up as the fuse panel being the culprit?
I think it's more of a milage, use and vibration issue from the pics I have seen of failure points.

Reactions: JoeMontana

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's the fusebox. Oh wait a you all beat me to it..

thanks i just ordered one and waiting on it, i also went and picked up my car from the dealership, they are so backed up they said it would be another week....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts