Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Nelson Performance's e-fan harness. I just ordered mine for 85.00 the instrustions on the web site looked simple. Any help would be greatly appretiated! Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
U WILL NOT BE ANY HAPPIER GOING WITH ANYONE ELSE... I HAVE DONE BUNCH OF BUSINESS WITH THEM AND GOOD FRIENDS AS WELL...

THAT HARNESS WILL NOT LET U DOWN! Hes building mine too!!!

*sorry for caps but needed to get point across!!

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know! THANKS!!!:coolthumb:

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Good to know! THANKS!!!:coolthumb:
You ever get a chance have him live tune it too!! No b.s. I dropped .7s over another local shops tune from his.. I got the shaft on my originsl silverado tune and he brought it over the top and saved me!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Looks like that one is for the trucks?

Does look like this has three relays vs. two, anyone know how the 2 relay vs. 3 affects the function of the fans?

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
three relays = dual speed (lo/hi). i just made my own harness this way. the instructions i was looking at on their site were for another pcm, make sure you have the correct pin location. you'll have to add a pin for the hi speed setting. and of course you will have to have your ecm tune modified accordingly

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info! :cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
67 Posts
I have been running his harness on my truck for around 3 years with the ls1 fans with no issues what so ever. Very simple install..

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
I was just going to start a thread about how to get hi/lo on our LS1 fans.
I have built my own harness before for my 2000 sierra, but i thought TBSS's were different because Alvin's harness only had 2 relay's.
I need a schematic! anybody have one.
I have plenty of relays and wire sitting around.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
If you guys are interested in Hi-Lo fans let us know. That is what the third hole is for on the spal fan kits. The reason why we do not do them is because there are quite a few guys who have a hard time installing the PCM pins. We felt the simpler we could keep it the more successful people would be installing them.

We could do it as a trade out service or from scratch. My own TBSS has high/low fans.

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
for ls1 fans you can get away with a single speed harness. but for spal fans, dual speed is a must, because as soon as the AC kicks on, the fans go on full speed and it sounds like a helicopter turbine spinning up. now mine go on low speed to serve the ac condenser most of the time, and when the ect gets up there then it goes into hi speed.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Words of the wise: Keep it simple And Stupid!

Thats literally how we've tried to be from the begining. I can offer two speed harnesses. Like I said before, that is what that last hole is in the spal fan kit. Here is a picture of my truck with a Hi/Lo setup

See the third relay there on the left?

·
Dirty Mexican
'08 9-7x Aero AWD
1,052 Posts
I installed a 3-relay efan harness from Nelson but want to be clear on the pin locations and tune. Its on a 2007 TBSS with LS1 fans and a 160* thermostat.
Is the low speed to go on J3 pin# 49 and the high speed wire to go on J1 pin# 54? There was nothing in J1/54 but there was a white with black stripe wire on J3/49 already.
The fans come on at high speed if I turn on the A/C but they wont come on at all at regular operating temps (170-180*) Its cold outside so it hasn't gone over 185*.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.