Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just curbed my new 20x8 20x10 combo:doh:

This got me thinking about powder coating them after I repair the damage. I like the look of black but I want to be a little different. My thoughts are to powder them a black cherry color with the SS on the doors, the SS on the tailgate and my 7 piece billet grill and order clack cherry vinyl fro the brake ducts. I just bought a single random wheel and I am going to take it and have it coated in Black Cherry to see if I like it.

I am not a flashy guy but I think it will look like black until the sun hits it right. Next would be a Scott's carbon hood and carbon rear valance if I like the look of the wheels. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Get the wheel done and take pics next to it. Think it a cool idea, just not sure if it will work with red jewel.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get the wheel done and take pics next to it. Think it a cool idea, just not sure if it will work with red jewel.
Me either.... I will try it on the test wheel first and I will post up some pictures. I just don't want it to come out purple, that would look like ass next to the Red Jewel.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Werd. Cool idea for black. But everything goes with black.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. I got the sample of the Black Cherry powder and I LOVE it/jerk It matches the red jewel perfectly. These pictures don't do it justice but I will post up more pictures of Friday or Saturday when the wheels are finished. The metallic red sparkle looks great in the sun and almost looks black in the shade. I took the plunge and made the half down deposit, I am dropping the wheels off early Thursday and will be picking them and having the tires installed Friday or Saturday. I hope it turns out good or I will be going Corvette Grand sport gray. What do you guys think:dunno:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
that should look nice.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Hmm that should look good, looks the the flake in the sample matches the red jewel pretty good. I cant wait to see it.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the Color.....But Personally I think you should not Curb your wheels.

I have onely ever Curbed on Nice rim in my life....I am Extra Careful and even make sure the wife doesnt do it....She knows if she does, its off with her head. ^69
I agree 100%. That was the first and only time I will curb one of my wheels(knocking on wood) especially now that they are a custom mix powder coat, I don't think he would ever be able to match just one wheel to the rest:2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts