·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty easy man. I didn't look at the link, but holla if you need help.
Yeah I need help. I'm switching from a model #56 to aprilaire #58. Anyway old humidistat had RC, ODT, and H. New one has those and a few more.
I connect them the same and I can't get the water solenoid to trigger.
I have 24 volts coming in on RC but only when heat is requested. Once furnance shuts off 24 volts on RC is gone. H is to water solenoid and ODT is to outdoor temp sensor. I think my problem is that I need to put a constant 24 volts to RC all the time and maybe another 24 volt circuit when heat request to W/G and Cf. Not really for sure?? I'm not for sure where to connect on the furnance though. I have a Lennox G61mpv in the basement.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
For starters, Run a Wire from your furnace boards Terminal R to the Humidifier R.
Next RUn a Wire from C or COmmon in your Furnace to the Humidifer C. COnnect your outdoor stat to the ODT terminals. Make a Jumper inside the Humidifier Terminals from Terminal C to Terminal Cf. Wire from the Furnace Terminal W to your humifier W. The Terminals labeled "H" on the humidifier board should be wired to the water solenoid.

Does this make sense to you?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Nice to see help from other forum members even if it isn't about the TBSS. ForceFed has also helped me. Thanks.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a typical wiring setup for Humidify on heat call only.....With a standard Furnace Setup....I dont know what kind of setup you have yet as you havent said.
Sorry but I'm just going off the symbols that are on the Humidifier.
Lennox G61MPV is what I have for a furnance.
I pretty much wired it the same as the model #56 that I had before. Which must not work the same as #58.

H is wired to water solenoid.
OBT is wired to out door temp sensor
R C come from the furnance but not for sure what on furnance.
They do have 24 volts on them when furnance turns on only. Once heat request is off voltage goes away. I have measured these with fluke so I know they are powered with heat request only.

My instructions say I need a constant 24 volts to R C all the time.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a typical wiring setup for Humidify on heat call only.....With a standard Furnace Setup....I dont know what kind of setup you have yet as you havent said.

I can contact you sometime this next week if you aren't busy. My wife works late and the kids are demanding this time of night.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Anyone familiar with Lennox G61MPV? Terminal board on the furnance?
Call Mat! That's what he does, He's an HVAC guy. I thought he gave you his number....:dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts