Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
08 TBSS AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any one has any ideas on what I can do with GM over a known repeat issue.
Background: I bought a 06 certified SS with 44k in feb 2010, in sept 2010 with 55K the rod bearing/connector rod broke? GM had the engine rebuilt instead of replaced at a Chevy dealer in Michigan. I now live in Phoenix and am having the same noise, 73K miles, took into Chevy, warranty ran out in June, sorry dude!
From reading on here this type of breakage seems to be common from the ouil pressure issue. Vehicle is stock except cat-back, and a Cortex tuner. I called GM cust serv and they said they MAY go 50/50 on repair, but only after they get a diagnosis, but since it involves a engine tear down, the diagnosis is $1,500, but that is if I dont have work finished there, or if I do it there it will roll into cost of repair.
Everytime I have taken in for oil change i am a quart low they tell me, even after rebuild.
I am so frustrated and lost, any help would be appreciated guys and gals...
Thanks
J

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
The work should be warrantied for a year from the time it was done.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
12/12 warranty but he is at 18k miles....take the deal...hope you dont have the tune in the truck when they diag the engine

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Registered
08 TBSS AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tune is and was out when I took it in. And yes I am past 12/12, but frustrating for same exact issue. And my first one was the #6 bearing. I am 2000 miles from dealer that did first repair, so that is out if the question.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
We do alot of power train warranty work for 06's with less then 100,000 miles. Because, if the car/truck was just a year newer, it would have been covered. I like how our service manager thinks. We get alot of work this way, and alot of happy customers.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
John thats good customer service right there, my local Chevy dealership is full of morons. Always end up driving 30-45min to one of the other dealers to have them do anything.

Jason, bad luck there bud. Run 6.5-7qts of oil in the new motor, helps keep the rear main bearing lubed under hard launches. Sounds like its either 50/50 with GM or time to put a built motor into your SS.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts