Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 ss mostly stock with only true duals no y pipe and gutted cats through an magnaflow muffler. after gutting cats my check engine light came on, knew this would happen so i went and had the ecm flashed with hp tuners to turn rear o2 off. check engine light keeps coming back on for bank two sensor one low switching heater. I changed the o2 and still get same code after two days...... took to dealer and they stated that because there is no cats it has no back pressure to get proper readings from o2......I believe they are full of it and do not want to fix some electrical problem there is going on....has anyone else had same problems i know people run no cats on there vehicles on here with no issues...please help with any advice.... thanks

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Bad flash from tuner. It happens. Have the tuner go over everything to make sure it's as it is suppose to be and have it re-flashed.

I've seen this countless times.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
You shouldn't be posting up on the internet or going to the dealer about gutting your cats since it's a federal offense to gut your cats.

Anyways, bank 2 sensor 1 is the passenger side front oxygen sensor. (up stream of the cats (closer to the front))

Rear oxygen sensors should have had their check engine lights turned off. So the tuner did his job, the front one could have been damaged from removing it to gut the cats.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
bank 1=drivers side
bank 2=pass side...

the rear o2's can be taken out... if you have no cats... i dont even have rear o2's in my truck... i have extension harnesses that i modified to act as nothing more than a plug to keep debris out of the harness. and o2 plugs installed in the y... no lights, no problems...

check the fuse under the hood for the pos1 o2 sensors... should be a red 10 amp fuse.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts